Paperless Agency

nyc2phi

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am a one man band P&C shop and I am looking to become more paperless in regards to my applications, endorsements, etc.

What is the best way to go about this?

Should I get a good AMS to scan my applications to? If so what would you recommend that is not too expensive that will be backed up if something was to happen?

Do I still need to hang on to paper applicants if I have them scanned into this backed up system?

Thanks!

I am a one man band P&C shop and I am looking to become more paperless in regards to my applications, endorsements, etc. What is the best way to go about this? Should I get a good AMS to scan my applications to? If so what would you recommend that is not too expensive that will be backed up if something was to happen? Do I still need to hang on to paper applicants if I have them scanned into this backed up system? Thanks!

We use QQ evolution as an agency management system. Five years ago, it was $700 to setup and $160 a month. We are 100% paperless. Most of our clients e-sign applications online, we use Docusign for this. No need to keep originals once you scan. Let me know if you have any questions.

A cheep way to start out is to eSigniture everything with echosigniture by Adobe. It is about $20-$30 a month depending on volume... Completely legal and paperless.

We use QQ evolution as an agency management system. Five years ago, it was $700 to setup and $160 a month. We are 100% paperless. Most of our clients e-sign applications online, we use Docusign for this. No need to keep originals once you scan. Let me know if you have any questions.

How many users on QQ? I've heard of it but we are on a different system that we pay way more for.

How many users on QQ? I've heard of it but we are on a different system that we pay way more for.

We have five users. I'm sure the management systems are pretty similar. With technology these days, I'm sure they are all pretty good.

they don't offer qq evolution anymore (i think), they have the new system catalyst, im a qq ams user.

can you guys give me sources for shredding the originals.

I was told scanned is just as legal as original and e-signing is just as legal, but then i also heard you need to keep the paper file for 3 years in case of an physical audit.

I've been scanning all incoming docs, the put original in shred box that is held for 3 years. I would like to just scan shred go, instead.

Every state DOI is different check with yours. In my state once scanned original is to be shredded for many lines. I also am paperless but i may or may not have a back up server

Back