Passing along referral idea

maxreferrals

Expert
USA
I heard about realtors using this idea to generate decent referral flow, pretty consistently.

Anyone doing anything similar?

1. Go to Starbucks drive-thru. Order.

2. Give kid at window your business card, pay for your coffee, and pay for car behind you.

3. On back of your card, write something like... "With my compliments. Happy to help you with any of your family (insurance) needs."

4. Tell kid to give it to driver when car pulls up.

I believe this was posted not too long ago. It is always a great idea to do something nice for someone. Kind of like "Paying it Forward".

My only question is, how much coffee can you drink in a day? I think for you to get results you would have to just keep driving in circles all day. Although a lot of us spend days where it seems like that's all we are doing anyway. Might as well have some coffee while doing it I guess.

I have done that ocassionally without the business card just because I can. Especially when I have just made a sale. Kind of like "sharing the wealth".

My best referrals come from happy clients, happy clients are the ones you stay in touch with. It's pretty easy for me to do that. :wink:

You sound way too healthy to be an insurance agent. I thought we all drank coffee until they had to scrape us off the ceiling by the end of the day.

How do you get your heart started in the morning?

I think it's one of things you would do just as a habit and eventually it would yield some business.

I actually stopped passing out business cards. I used to hand my card out to every place I went in. It returned zero and was just a waste of paper.

You sound way too healthy to be an insurance agent. I thought we all drank coffee until they had to scrape us off the ceiling by the end of the day.

How do you get your heart started in the morning?

I'm not even sure myself. I have granola bar types of things in the morning. I guess I'm pretty healthy, but only by luck. I drink too much diet soft drinks and I love beef jerky. And I don't get a lot of sleep because at 1:am, I'm flipping channels between "The Man Show" and Curb Your Enthusiasm" reruns (that I have seen a dozen times or more!).

I agree. I do not hand out my card either, unless asked. Then again, I am working the senior market, and CMS will not let an agent approach a senior in a public setting. Which I think is a good thing (don't want Grandma getting a gallon of milk and 47 business cards from agents hanging out at the grocery store).

When I was a bartender, I would get real estate agents cards, Jesus loves you booklets, and various MLM offers. I used to keep them in a drawer just too see how much I could collect, but eventually we would just toss it all.

Re: Passing along referral idea---

The cost of 1000 business cards, around $50. Insurance Exclusive Lead on the Net around $50. If I were a gambling man I would pass out my 1000 business cards, to every Business I do Business with and anyone I come in contact with during the day. The Odds are in my favor to find a customer.:idea::idea:

Back