Passing the Property and Casualty Exam

Some of the worst agents i know, passed first time, some of the best I know took many... MANY times. Dont be discouraged, just get back on the horse and ride and eventually you WILL get it.

Find good practice questions, and study your glossary terms in whatever study guide your using.

My personal preference is Kaplan Financial

My new job is paying for Examfx and giving me 10 days to complete it. their property policies section is just one long page that seems to go on forever. Will simply taking the quizzes and reading the glossary really help me pass in 9 days?

The best thing I can elaborate in is that you should go to a live class. Normally, the instructor will tell you where the state exam will try to trip you up and confuse you. Secondly, highlight only what the instructor points out that will absolutely be on the state exam. Next, I would also pay for an online class through Kaplan financial. They follow the state exam verbiage and vocabulary very well. In other words, you get exactly what you expect. If you fail the class in person, but are able to hang on to the manual like I did, and purchase the basic course through Kaplan, you are then able to print out the CE pre-licensing admission tickets.
This was a great help to me, and I was able to pass both property and casualty. I attempted 4 times for each and finally passed after 4 tries. Perseverance is not an option, it's a motto.

This thread is a little old, but one thing I can add is not all of online pre-licensing trainings are created equal. If you are putting in the work and not passing, it may not be you--- the content you've learned from could be garbage, I have a BS in computer science and an MBA and have a few certs that I had to test for ... so I know how to pass a test even though I'm a below average test taker. Here's how I learned this the hard way.

I told the first elearning company I purchased that I would not trash their name if they gave me my money back (yes, I strong armed them since they weren't going to give my money back otherwise). I read their content twice (3-4 times in some places) and even made my own reference sheets and it was just not put together with the end in mind. In several places, I had notified them of errors and incomplete sentences where they didn't copy all of the content: they had literally just C&P content from the state's statutes and the respective policies and called it "training"!!!! That feedback made the refund conversation "interesting." I probably could have brute forced my way through their exam but it was moot since I KNEW I would not pass the state exam with what I had retained. Plus it seemed like it was 10x the content that was needed so there was no way you could brute force your way from their content to the state test.

After wasting the better part of a month on the first training I purchased America's Professor and saw a huge difference. First- the text book is well written. You get a physical copy and a pdf copy. The videos are very well done and are directed at the test. Next, their quizzes are very well done with plentiful questions- and really help you hammer in the key points. It was night and day compared to the prior one I went through. The only thing I would like to see them add is flash cards. Also our state publishes pass rates by provider and America's Professor was among the highest percentage wise with a statistically valid number of students.

As Trout mentioned, Kaplan sounds like another good solution, their pass rates were pretty good as well, although statistically the total numbers were for a lower number of students. But for those of you beating your heads against the wall, you have to put this in context.... If you are truly putting the study time in and not passing, you need to try a different elearning site. Unless you have been a life long failure, you should be able to pass the test if you are studying this in earnest.

I'll have about 70+ hours in of time with the America's Professor content by the time I test for the first time.

Back