PC Underwriting Recruiter

Hello, everyone. I have two years of experience in the insurance industry. I was a muliline agent for a year, selling home, business, life, and disability insurance. I enjoyed it, but the uncertainty from month to month was too stressful. I then accepted a position for a specialty (aviation) P/C insurer as an underwriter, where I am currently employed. I would like to work from home, but doing so for my current employer is not an option. Does anyone know of any PC insurers who employ underwriter's from home? If not, any recommendations for a recruiter? I apologize if I placed this query in the wrong section. Thank you.

Most companies aren't letting you do that for at least two years. We're a baby boomer dominated industry; people want to know they can trust you and not just kicking back watching Springer all afternoon.

Wouldn't that be apparent in a matter of hours or days at worst? I know I start to freak out if i dont hear from my underwriter after half a day, ive got business to bind! Lol

Wouldn't that be apparent in a matter of hours or days at worst? I know I start to freak out if i dont hear from my underwriter after half a day, ive got business to bind! Lol

Certainly would; but think how much it costs to recruit/train a new UW or even get an existing UW set for a home configuration. Then you have to go to your superiors and admit your guy crapped the bed. So your choices as management are fire the putz or bring them back in after being derelict.

It's a pretty high variance issue unless it's been properly vetted.

Certainly would; but think how much it costs to recruit/train a new UW or even get an existing UW set for a home configuration. Then you have to go to your superiors and admit your guy crapped the bed. So your choices as management are fire the putz or bring them back in after being derelict.

It's a pretty high variance issue unless it's been properly vetted.

Makes sense. Hadn't considered that part of it.

Back