PDP's going Sky-high in 2024? National Base Beneficiary Premium $64.28

I’m certified to sell . It’s my first yr with Aetna . I guess if you say you’ll do on your certs that satisfies it . I did sign up for a webinar on mapd products

Their system will show you ready to sell even if you haven’t completed the webinar for market specific training. The thing I wonder is will they stop anyone from selling who doesn’t do the webinar.

Aetna just released commissions. Smart saver is zero commission . What specific training are you referring to with Aetna to sell pdp’s ? I thought that was included in the Aetna certification we do .

My local Agent Mgr sugarcoated this by saying that Aetna would not pay first year commission, but would pay renewals on that business. Still sucks.

Smart Saver going to $20.24 in Georgia. $280 deductible for Tiers 2-5. $2 copay for Tier 1 at preferred pharmacy.

I have a correction to make, $20.24 is the national average monthly premium and NOT the specific premium in Georgia. My bad everybody. I didn't read the fine print. Suffice it to say, premiums are going to be significantly higher on the Saver plan.

Never done that either - been contracted with Aetna for 4 years.

I've been contracted with them much longer and they've always stressed getting it done. They had always sent reminder emails in the past. This was the first year I haven't gotten a reminder and so I reached out to my broker rep. He said it's still required. If you've never done it and aren't having issues, then I guess you're good to go. Not a risk I'm willing to take considering the number of clients I have with them.

I just pulled up a copy of the attestation I had to sign during the certification process. In part, here's what it says:

Market Specific

To be ready to sell our 2024 Medicare Advantage MA/MAPD and/or DSNP products, you must complete annual certification and contracting,licensing and appointment requirements. In addition, you must complete an attestation that you will participate in market-specific training for all states and markets where you plan to sell MA/MAPD and/or DSNP.

Thank you for your outstanding service to our members!

We require you to attest to the following:

Attestation:

I understand that if I intend to sell 2024 MA/MAPD and or DSNP products as an Aetna Medicare approved telebroker, I will complete additional training provided by Aetna and my employer.

I understand that I must complete market-specific product training prior to selling 2024 MA/MAPD/PDP and/or DSNP products. I attest that I will complete market-specific product training through one of the following options:

In-person local training or online webinar training

You can sign up for training at
www.AetnaMedicareAgentTraining.com

I have a correction to make, $20.24 is the national average monthly premium and NOT the specific premium in Georgia. My bad everybody. I didn't read the fine print. Suffice it to say, premiums are going to be significantly higher on the Saver plan.
Can we look at what the Saver plan will cost? The First Looks only shows the commissionable plans it looks like. Do we have to wait until Oct 1st?

Can we look at what the Saver plan will cost? The First Looks only shows the commissionable plans it looks like. Do we have to wait until Oct 1st?

The info was on a slide in the webinar. Again, it just showed national average premium. Showed all three plans.

2024 Aetna SmartSaver ANOC (Georgia). Good news, bad news edition. Premium doubles, but deductible cut in half tiers 2 - 5. Preferred tier 1 copay $0, tier 2 $5, tier 3 24%, tier 4 24%, tier 5 29%. Standard tier 1 $8, tier 2 $12, tier 3 24%, tier 4 50%, tier 5 29%.

Back