PDP's going Sky-high in 2024? National Base Beneficiary Premium $64.28

Not loving the 25% copay on Tier 3 drugs on the Wellcare Value Script. Straight copay much better obviously.

There’s 2 possible catches . 1 of these is 100% . Either the formulary tiers brutal for many . The 2nd it’s a ploy to get millions on it and have internal phone reps attack your Medicare book with mapd . I’ve heard many agents already say wellcare does this now .

Who puts the real phone number on an app?

Who puts the real phone number on an app?

It’s funny you say that . At some pt your client will call in to ask about a charge and they’ll get there real # . To this day I’ve never put a real # on am app but somehow they get on many . Also they’ll send them an “ urgent “ email to call immediately. They’ll get them somehow .

Someone made a post on FB that could be their strategy.
Get as many people on the $0 premium PDP as they can. When 2025 PDP rates hit, they can dismantle their plan and call all their clients and pitch them their crap MAPD.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I have put up with PDP carriers that also write MAPD taking shots at my clients for a few years now. AFAIK none of them have been successful and I usually get a call or email about the solicitation. Even if I wrote MAPD I would certainly not use any of the carriers that try to snake business from me.

At this point there is only one PDP carrier that I still use even though they have targeted my clients and I would love to get rid of them but I can't

FWIW I would be surprised to see any tier 3 fixed dollar copay plans going forward. The % is here to stay especially when the Congress critters think they have a better way of doing things.

There’s 2 possible catches . 1 of these is 100% . Either the formulary tiers brutal for many . The 2nd it’s a ploy to get millions on it and have internal phone reps attack your Medicare book with mapd . I’ve heard many agents already say wellcare does this now .

Wellcare has been doing that for years! With the 15-20 PBPs that they offer per market, it is very easy for someone else to switch your customer and lose the AOR status. Wellcare is bad news.

Thankfully, 90% of my PDP clients are with WellCare. This AEP is going to be a breeze.

According to a broker manager, they are adding meds to their formulary.
All of my Eliquis clients have moved off WellCare already.
The WellCare value plus plan has a copay for T3 but I bet Eliquis won’t be T3

Thankfully, 90% of my PDP clients are with WellCare. This AEP is going to be a breeze.

According to a broker manager, they are adding meds to their formulary.
All of my Eliquis clients have moved off WellCare already.
The WellCare value plus plan has a copay for T3 but I bet Eliquis won’t be T3

The formulary is going to be the deciding factor on how competitive it is. Guess we'll all find out in less than 4 weeks.

SS CHOICE in Florida is $52.50 per month next year with a $545 deductible.

SS PLUS in Florida is $101.80 per month next year with a $200 deductible.

Good thing their MAPDs aren't in any of my primary counties - jokes on them!! :D

Back