PFFS Enrollement - Face to Face ANSWERED

Copied and pasted from another thread. My comments are in RED

How much clearer does this have to be??????????????????????

The word "PHONE" is mentioned three (3) times!

The word "ENROLLMENT" is mentioned five, count them, 5 times.

Today’s Options Phone Enrollment Instructions
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
In order to process an enrollment via phone, please follow these easy steps:
1. Make sure the enrollee is present. (Present, as on the phone with you.)

2. Call​
[/FONT]
1-800-695-5640[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman].

3. Choose Option 1.

4. Provide the call center representative with your agent number.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: If you do not provide the call center representative with your agent number, you will not receive commissions for the enrollment.

5. Have the enrollee speak to the call center representative to complete the phone application process.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: You may speak to the call center representative on behalf of the enrollee as long as the enrollee is present.

6. At the end of the enrollment call, you will be provided a confirmation number. Write down the confirmation number, provide it to the enrollee and keep it for your records.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT]
Phone Enrollment Hours of Operation​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
1-800-695-5640
Monday thru Sunday: 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET​
Spanish Speaking Representatives will be available: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET
[/FONT]

I'm not too worried about it, yet my understanding was that the word "Present" was used in the physical sense. Maybe I'm wrong, yet that would follow the rule of "Plans are not permitted to: Conduct outbound telephone enrollment." Plus I'm under the understanding that you can not use the transfer as to make a outbound call into a inbound call.

Other words I'm under the impression that the client has to call in to enroll, that is what I'm asking. So let me ask again, can I call a person an enroll them? Or does the person have to call back before I go into the enrollment call?

I'm not too worried about it, yet my understanding was that the word "Present" was used in the physical sense. Maybe I'm wrong, yet that would follow the rule of "Plans are not permitted to: Conduct outbound telephone enrollment." Plus I'm under the understanding that you can not use the transfer as to make a outbound call into a inbound call.

Other words I'm under the impression that the client has to call in to enroll, that is what I'm asking. So let me ask again, can I call a person an enroll them? Or does the person have to call back before I go into the enrollment call?
Okay, here's the deal...

1. Application is completed and in agent's hands. (Eventually I would hope this can be an on-line application.)

2. Agent and client on a conference call to Today's Options.

3. Today's Options asks client when he/she can be called back for verification.

4. Today's Option gives a code number to agent and client. This is included with paperwork faxed or mailed to carrier.

5. Everyone hangs up phone and agent then hopes that everything goes smoothly on the verification call.

6. Commission gets paid and everyone is happy.

Hope that clarifies things. Disclaimer - this is obviously NOT exactly what happens (especially the "everyone is happy" part.)

Rick

Okay, here's the deal...

1. Application is completed and in agent's hands. (Eventually I would hope this can be an on-line application.)

4. Today's Option gives a code number to agent and client. This is included with paperwork faxed or mailed to carrier.

5. Everyone hangs up phone and agent then hopes that everything goes smoothly on the verification call.

Hope that clarifies things. Disclaimer - this is obviously NOT exactly what happens (especially the "everyone is happy" part.)

Rick

Telephone enrollment is not new but the question is this, can I go into the enrollment telephone call with the carrier if I called the person? Or does that person have to call me before I go into the phone enrollment with the carrier?

Today’s Options Phone Enrollment Instructions
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In order to process an enrollment via phone, please follow these easy steps: [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. Make sure the enrollee is present. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Call [/FONT]
1-800-695-5640[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. Choose Option 1. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. Provide the call center representative with your agent number. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: If you do not provide the call center representative with your agent number, you will not receive commissions for the enrollment. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]5. Have the enrollee speak to the call center representative to complete the phone application process. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]NOTE: You may speak to the call center representative on behalf of the enrollee as long as the enrollee is present. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]6. At the end of the enrollment call, you will be provided a confirmation number. Write down the confirmation number, provide it to the enrollee and keep it for your records. [/FONT]

Phone Enrollment Hours of Operation

Sorry Frank but I removed your red part, it wasn't CMS compliant!:twitchy:

Telephone enrollment is not new but the question is this, can I go into the enrollment telephone call with the carrier if I called the person? Or does that person have to call me before I go into the phone enrollment with the carrier?

Sorry Frank but I removed your red part, it wasn't CMS compliant!:twitchy:

That is why it was specifically made red along with my comment stating that it was my comment.

That part was added as a result of my phone conversation with them.

Okay, here's the deal...

Rick

Rick,

I suggest we go on to another topic and stop "fighting" to help the agents who are still in doubt and let them sell PFFS plans anyway they choose.

I have stated many times on this board that it is incumbent on everyone to do their own research. You and I have done ours and I believe we are comfortable with the words we received direct from the "horses mouth".

Frankly, that would be me, I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again and having people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about when I have documentation to back up what I have said. If I get sent to jail and gassed then so be it. This is not rocket science guys.

I think they are a very poor substitute for a Med Supp policy anyway. I sure as hell wouldn't take one if I was on Medicare!

So, how's your golf game. Did the lessons help you keep your balls in the short grass?

That is why it was specifically made red along with my comment stating that it was my comment.

That part was added as a result of my phone conversation with them.

Sorry, but you still have not answer the question, does it have to be an inbound call directly by the client or can I enroll during an outbound call to the client? The question is quite straight forward yet no one has given me a straight answer? Plus is the carrier (like I never been steered wrong by a carrier????) or is it CMS that is the real horses mouth?

Oh well, I know the answer it is all over the CMS site if one looks, it has to be a inbound call by the client, it can't be a outbound call and you can not redirect the call too make it look like an inbound call, like a transfer to the telephone enrollment number.

Now was that so hard to answer?

Sorry, but you still have not answer the question, does it have to be an inbound call directly by the client or can I enroll during an outbound call to the client? The question is quite straight forward yet no one has given me a straight answer? Plus is the carrier (like I never been steered wrong by a carrier????) or is it CMS that is the real horses mouth?

Oh well, I know the answer it is all over the CMS site if one looks, it has to be a inbound call by the client, it can't be a outbound call and you can not redirect the call too make it look like an inbound call, like a transfer to the telephone enrollment number.

If you think you knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

Are you here to play games or to provide factual information substantiated by documentation? I don't see any documentation. Never mind, I already have all the information I need.

Why would a client call anyway. I'm more interested in selling to prospects. My clients already have what they need.

If you think you knew the answer, why did you ask the question?

Are you here to play games or to provide factual information substantiated by documentation? I don't see any documentation. Never mind, I already have all the information I need.

Why would a client call anyway. I'm more interested in selling to prospects. My clients already have what they need.

Oh my, this question has been documented on both threads, yet for some odd reason some decided that the carrier and not CMS is the horses mouth? Oh well, its not all that much of a money maker and hopefully any thinking person should take from this, if nothing else, that there should be no way these bozoos should ever get their hands on everyones health care coverage!

You are confusing the verification call with the enrollment application. CMS requirements apply to this, not to taking the application.

Pyramid allows that agent and client to be on a conference call to SET UP the verification phone call. The agent may not be on a conference call with the client during this call.

Do what ever you would like to do. Some of us understand this and are not looking to interpret anything. I intend to follow the guideline that and IN WRITING from Today's Options instead of trying to decide for myself what I am allowed to do.

At this point, I give up trying to convince people what is right and wrong. I'll do it the way I have been instructed by various carriers and you do it the way you think is right.

Rick

Back