Plan N Co-payment

I just gave you an example of rates a couple of posts up. Those are the lowest prices on d, g and f in my area. You can easily see why we don't sell "d" here. The good news for you is that I'm not going to leave the beach to replace "D" plans in missouri. I mean it's obvious to sell a "D" if it's "600" under the "F" premiums but that's just not the case here.

Not trying to ruffle feathers but I do like the debate.

I just gave you an example of rates a couple of posts up. Those are the lowest prices on d, g and f in my area. You can easily see why we don't sell "d" here. The good news for you is that I'm not going to leave the beach to replace "D" plans in missouri. I mean it's obvious to sell a "D" if it's "600" under the "F" premiums but that's just not the case here.

Not trying to ruffle feathers but I do like the debate.

No "ruffled feathers". I was just pointing out that there are instances where selling Plan F does not make sense. Using the examples you posted there may be instances where I might recommend a Plan F also. There is only a net savings of $159.40 over a Plan D.

There is s substantial difference, however, between Plan N and Plan F, $548.64 per year. A net savings of $393.64. That is significant. Even if the copay is a full $20 per office visit, which I seriously doubt that it will be, that will pay for over 19 office visits.

I have a large number of clients who only go to the doctor just a few times a year. Some hardly ever go.

I also enjoy a good discussion. You are more than welcome to come to Missouri. I will even point you to the areas that are the most productive.:yes:

There are more than enough seniors to go around for everyone. Every senior in Missouri doesn't have a policy with me, yet. :D

Remember Mr. Stastny, I have a phone room and 8 callers all trained to call medsup prospects. You sure you want me in your territory?

I think you're doing a great thing training the new guys. If you saved even one person from becoming a captive Bankers Life agent then I'd say your stay here has been successful.

I'll sell my "F" plans and you sell your "D" plans.

Remember Mr. Stastny, I have a phone room and 8 callers all trained to call medsup prospects. You sure you want me in your territory?

I think you're doing a great thing training the new guys. If you saved even one person from becoming a captive Bankers Life agent then I'd say your stay here has been successful.

I'll sell my "F" plans and you sell your "D" plans.

As the drunken mouse said. "Bring on the damn cat". :D

You and your eight telemarketers will always be welcome in Missouri.

I'm please to say I have "saved more than one". Thanks for the kind words.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the over ride that you get on a Med Supp? I understand the over rides and commission structures on life insurance, but I wanted to know the spread on a Med Supp.

For example if a medd supp policy is sold by an agent and he/she receives a 22% street level commission, what is the FMO getting? 5%? More?

"Better" for YOU, maybe. Sounds like you don't like the hassle explaining Plans D/G and most likely you don't want the service calls that comes when they get billed for the deductible applied claims.

As indicated by the green... you like it clean and simple. That constitutes "Better" for you.

Stop pitching and start educating... it gets real easy. Most of my clients don't call me with deductible related claims after the first year. It's a simple process to explain and walk them through.

I love it when an agent tries to "pitch" F to one of my clients on the notion that "you don't pay anything with this plan".... then my clients educates them.

"But... your plan is $300/year more... and the deductible is only $155."... "NO THANKS"

Exactly!!! Couldnt have said it better my self G.Gordon.:GEEK:

If you don't mind me asking, what is the over ride that you get on a Med Supp? I understand the over rides and commission structures on life insurance, but I wanted to know the spread on a Med Supp.

For example if a medd supp policy is sold by an agent and he/she receives a 22% street level commission, what is the FMO getting? 5%? More?

Good question; even with 8 agents working for someone, I do not know how they can make it.

And at the same time, flooding the phones with annoying calls to seniors around the country.

I work my area; see people in person and am working hard to make an honest living.

I really don't appreciate hearing from the locals I talk to about getting "20 calls recently",from call centers. Don't get me wrong; although some will, there has always been competition in this business and there always will; but this is getting ridiculous. I just think there is a more noble business model than a call center targeting "seniors."

They are not insurance professionals, they are medicare supplement peddlers, now matter how " well trained."

They could just as well be selling anything; an insurance product just happens to be the what they have to offer - easy pickens; seniors who need a product and are more likely to answer the phone and are home.

I challenge these salespeople and the calls centers to sell some other insurance product ( besides car insurance ) and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Good question; even with 8 agents working for someone, I do not know how they can make it.

And at the same time, flooding the phones with annoying calls to seniors around the country.

I work my area; see people in person and am working hard to make an honest living.

I really don't appreciate hearing from the locals I talk to about getting "20 calls recently",from call centers. Don't get me wrong; although some will, there has always been competition in this business and there always will; but this is getting ridiculous. I just think there is a more noble business model than a call center targeting "seniors."

They are not insurance professionals, they are medicare supplement peddlers, now matter how " well trained."

They could just as well be selling anything; an insurance product just happens to be the what they have to offer - easy pickens; seniors who need a product and are more likely to answer the phone and are home.

I challenge these salespeople and the calls centers to sell some other insurance product ( besides car insurance ) and see how that goes.

I agree...

Medicare Supplement Insurance

Medicare Supplements

Medicare Supplement News

Last edited:
Even though I was joking with frank about "8 medsup" callers, that's not how it really works. I keep one caller (my best one) on med supp calls for 8 hrs a week and I personally RUN all of those leads. The other callers are calling businesses in other states for group health leads. The DNC laws make it difficult for med supp telemarketing.

Back