Plum Life

topflight06

Any one have any experience with Plum Life? Looks like they were able to take the traditional SBLI term product and speed up the u/w process by allowing the applicant to complete the app by their self or with assistance from the advisor and provide a quick decision with typical non-med reqs (DMV, MIB, Rx, etc.) and use of the "Swiss Re Magnum automated underwriting system" versus the typical SBLI process of a phone interview to complete the app and possibly requiring APS review or quick approval. I am most curious if they have streamlined the ratings to maybe an all inclusive Standard or if they would still offer table ratings with this process, especially if this process won't require records/APS, which I am not if it does or doesn't...

Any one have any experience with Plum Life? Looks like they were able to take the traditional SBLI term product and speed up the u/w process by allowing the applicant to complete the app by their self or with assistance from the advisor and provide a quick decision with typical non-med reqs (DMV, MIB, Rx, etc.) and use of the "Swiss Re Magnum automated underwriting system" versus the typical SBLI process of a phone interview to complete the app and possibly requiring APS review or quick approval. I am most curious if they have streamlined the ratings to maybe an all inclusive Standard or if they would still offer table ratings with this process, especially if this process won't require records/APS, which I am not if it does or doesn't...
There are a ton of these outfits...

Haven is MassMutual
Ethos is mainly Banner
Bestow is North American

The list goes on. They are mainly for healthy folks and have standard/preferred rates that are competitive. You're unlikely to see any substandard offers for the most part.

You can probably get contracted w/ Plum if you wanted to. Both Bestow and Ethos now contract agents and give a unique URL (with your agent code) for the client to enter their portal and complete the process.

Just make sure you send people you believe to be healthy their way or you'll likely end up starting from scratch.

Hope that helps.

I am contracted with them. True their current carrier is with SBLI. The sale process seems easy but my only concern is not offering Living Benefits in the policy by SBLI.

I've just been notified of a Plum zoom scheduled for 1:00pm on January 31, 2022. If anyone would like to attend feel free to message me and I will forward a registration link.

If anyone has any questions that's the place to get them answered. Just understand this isn't a recruiting post as I'm not sure I have the ability to recruit. Just a PSA..

Look at the chargeback policy on these products, it's worse than any GI policy I have ever seen, and this is for the level products.

Back