Policy Coverage Issue (Motor or PL?)

skchiuk

Hi all,

Sorry that I am quite new to the industry.

I am recently handling a claim and wish to seek your advice on the policy coverage.

Background
•A person was injured by a tail platform of a vehicle

•The vehicle is owned by Company B

•The tail platform at the material time was operated by employee of Company A with authorization of Company B

•It was in great dispute on the identity of the injured as to whether he is an employee of Company A, Company B or was self-employed

•Legal proceeding is commenced on the Employees' Compensation but no judgement is yet to be laid down on the employment relationship

Issue
1.Am I write to say that third party bodily injury arising out of the tail platform operation by authorized person, is covered under the auto policy taken out by Company B but not the PL policy taken out by Company A? (Suppose PL policy of Company A is covering all its operations but not only to specific risk locations)

2.Suppose it is the judgment that the injured is the employee of Company A and the common law action is now against the operator of Company A, is it appropriate for me to say that the motor policy of Companay B will respond?

3.Suppose it is the judgment that the injured is the employee of Company B and the common law action is now against the operator of Company A, is it appropriate for me to say that the motor policy of Companay B will respond?

4.Suppose it is the judgment that a self-employed person and the common law action is now against the operator of Company A, is it appropriate for me to say that the motor policy of Companay B will respond?

Much appreciate to hear any feedbacks, thank you.

Back