Potential LTC Case - Suggestions Welcome

What always amazes me is when I hear people with a host of health conditions like these say "they don't like the use it or lose it" with traditional LTCi.

:no:

in my experience, the greater the health problems the greater the denial.

is she receiving disability benefits from social security?
if not does she work full-time, part-time or what?

No benefits received nor applied for as far as I know.

She works part-time as a real estate agent, although she has worked full-time as a real estate agent for most of the last 5 years or so.

----------

Why does he still have a handicap placard ?

I'm not fully sure, he may have had it since his ACL surgery in '95 and just decided it would be better to keep it. He was walking with arthritis pain between that and his knee replacements.

----------

I always thought it was more like the greater their health issues, the more they want to get the insurance!!! :twitchy:

Yes, they are both quite motivated to get LTC coverage of some sort, it just seems like it may make sense to combine it with Life as they are looking to replace their VUL's.

Do you guys think their chances for underwriting approval would be greatest with a standalone traditional LTCi product, a hybrid LTC+annuity, or a hybrid LTC+life?

I read a little about State Life having a product called Asset Care that provides potentially unlimited LTC benefits?

Yes, they are both quite motivated to get LTC coverage of some sort, it just seems like it may make sense to combine it with Life as they are looking to replace their VUL's.

Do you guys think their chances for underwriting approval would be greatest with a standalone traditional LTCi product, a hybrid LTC+annuity, or a hybrid LTC+life?

Your clients have schizophrenia and handicap placards. Easiest option and maybe only option would be annuity, but they will be lucky to get that.

I'm not fully sure, he may have had it since his ACL surgery in '95 and just decided it would be better to keep it. He was walking with arthritis pain between that and his knee replacements.

I would just check to make sure nothing was written by the Dr. to keep this placard.

True story. I remember an appointment with a lady that lived on a golf course. I ask her about mobility issues. She jumps up and starts running down the hallway and circles around the living room and back to the kitchen table. She then starts jumping up and down. Decent vertical leap for her age. Made me wish I was doing phone sales at that moment.

She didn't tell me she had a handicap placard because of arthritis. She was declined.

Back