Pre-existing Conditions in Florida

empemitheos

I have pre-existing conditions I need to take care of and I was wondering the best way to do it. I have no prior health insurance but I am an otherwise healthy normal BMI 24 year old male:

-Nasal polyp removal(with possible septoplasty and bone reconstruction/rhinoplasty)
-sleep clinic evaluation(I suspect I have sleep apnea from the nasal polyps)
-possible root planning and/or periodontal flap surgery(to handle recurring dental infections)
-dead front tooth that needs to be filled and capped

I don't know if the new healthcare laws change anything in my case, but from what I've seen most health insurance plans have a 6 month wait on pre-existing conditions like mine.

So my strategy was to get a cheaper insurance(anything above non-catastrophic it seems will work) for that time period and then transfer into a more comprehensive plan. Would this plan actually work? Or should I just get into my preferred plan immediately and wait it out?

I have pre-existing conditions I need to take care of and I was wondering the best way to do it. I have no prior health insurance but I am an otherwise healthy normal BMI 24 year old male:

-Nasal polyp removal(with possible septoplasty and bone reconstruction/rhinoplasty)
-sleep clinic evaluation(I suspect I have sleep apnea from the nasal polyps)
-possible root planning and/or periodontal flap surgery(to handle recurring dental infections)
-dead front tooth that needs to be filled and capped

I don't know if the new healthcare laws change anything in my case, but from what I've seen most health insurance plans have a 6 month wait on pre-existing conditions like mine.

So my strategy was to get a cheaper insurance(anything above non-catastrophic it seems will work) for that time period and then transfer into a more comprehensive plan. Would this plan actually work? Or should I just get into my preferred plan immediately and wait it out?

First off: This may just be me, but I doubt it; If you are just looking for some sort of plan for the next couple months, most if not all agents would not want to work with you seeings how they will be writing "bad business" that will drop off the books asap. Meaning, I would not write you knowing that u will soon cancel and my company says, "gee tim, why did u even write that?--u wasted our time, your time and made no money cause they cancelled so soon" But good to know you are honest and asking legit questions.

Why not see what Obamacare will do for you or find a short term medical policy (google it for the state of FL). There is no waiting period. Go run urself a quote on ehealth (make sure u click the box for 2014 quotes) and u can buy today with an effective date of Jan. 1st. Just make sure u understand the coverage, or lack thereof.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
As in, $200/day inpatient hospital, $100 max on lab/X-ray, $800 surgery max?

nah, i know there are a lot better indemnity plans out there than what u mentioned DS4. I am not a fan of indemnity plans but there are some cases where folks can only afford it and that is their best and only option.

Back