Premier IMO rules

JJ2713

Guru
Checking out Premier since they come recommended by several on here.

However, I'm baffled by the rules they have after reading their "Agent Compliance Guide".
  • “This is an Advertisement” MUST be prominently displayed on the front of all envelopes and mailers.
This is rather absurd. It's a given that the postcard or letter are advertisements. Why do you have to include the word ADVERTISEMENT.
  • "For certain Carriers, websites of contracted agents/agencies must be registered. Regardless if it carries logos, branding, materials, or is meant for agents or consumers."
If the website doesn't mention specific MAPD plans or Part D plans, the website should not be an issue.
  • GENERIC MARKETING MATERIALS
  • All marketing materials created by an agency or a broker with the intent of creating Medicare Advantage leads, need to be reviewed. This includes, but is not limited to, direct mail, advertising, posters, brochures, scripts, radio and television ads, letters, postcards, billboards and other outdoor advertising, banners, signs, yellow pages ads, church bulletin ads, web sites, etc.

• It is expected that anyone involved in the development and submission of marketing materials familiarize themselves with the CMS Medicare Marketing Guidelines.

• Contact Specific Carriers to inquire about pre approved customizable generic pieces.

• Send materials for review/approval to your applicable Carriers. Can also send them to [email protected] for review (this is not for formal Approval).
So if I create a report "Top 7 mistakes people make with Medicare" or "The 3 Medicare penalties to avoid", I would have to have those reports reviewed? Get out of here.

The leads would be generic Medicare leads, but some of those people would go for a MAPD.

Or if I create a generic "Medicare 101" guide, Premier would have to review it.

Of if I create generic Medicare banner ads to use for internet advertising, they have to review it?

Or a Facebook ad?

ABSURD.

Someone tell me I'm wrong and reading the rule incorrectly. Remember, this is Premier's rule.

Back