Primerica Scam

The problem with comparing these numbers is this...

You can't be a State Farm agent part time. You will be fired and your business transferred to another agent the moment you stop producing.

Primerica, they are not going to fire you, and you are in the system for life as long as you maintain license.

Hence the difference.

But, if you say Primerica is a scam.... so is every insurance company for that matter right? What is the attrition rate?

90% will fail within a year? So by that account... you do the same thing.. you sell sell sell then you are fired or you quit and your boss keeps your business.

As much as I dislike Primerica.... they serve a purpose, and offer a product to those who would otherwise not. I know of a few primerica reps who are good people.

Good people can still be misinformed and misguided. :1frown:

By good people I mean actually knowledageable about the business and care about their clients and the communities they serve.

They have so much business there, tough to walk away.

But please lets keep this professional.

By good people I mean actually knowledageable about the business and care about their clients and the communities they serve.

They have so much business there, tough to walk away.

But please lets keep this professional.

I don't think my comment was unprofessional.. It was simply a statement of fact. There are many of the Primerica agents that still have the old A. L. Williams mentality and do a wholesale replacement of permanent insurance. They even sell their term for FE which is seldom an appropriate product for that need. I would prefer to think they are misinformed rather than to think they are con artists or crooks that will do and say anything for a commission.

I don't think my comment was unprofessional.. It was simply a statement of fact. There are many of the Primerica agents that still have the old A. L. Williams mentality and do a wholesale replacement of permanent insurance. They even sell their term for FE which is seldom an appropriate product for that need. I would prefer to think they are misinformed rather than to think they are con artists or crooks that will do and say anything for a commission.

If the agents are paratroopers then it is ok... ;)

Buy term and invest the diferrence is their selling point. That was the best way to do it all the way back then when the investments was really performing really good. They told me that if I buy term insurance and invest with them, when my insurance lapse after 25 years or so from now, I will not gonna need life insurance coverage anymore because I will gonna have money after 25 years or so. NOW, after all the facts that we tackled we realized that people should have coverage permanently because like my uncle he used to own a policy from PRIMERICA, he invested some money as well but not enough for retirement and worst he doesn't have a life insurance anymore because he can't afford the premium now. He used to be a PRIMERICA agent.

Could we agree that their products, although less than perfect, will work for their policyholders. ie - they will pay the death benefit.

Could she do better by using a different carrier/agent? Yes.

The "opportunity" is pretty much about as good as any other MLM.

Could we agree that their products, although less than perfect, will work for their policyholders. ie - they will pay the death benefit.

I agree that if they manage to provide coverage for someone who has no coverage, that is a good thing. I doubt anybody here ever writes the absolute cheapest premium in every case. What I have is the wholesale replacement of other plans with an inferior product. Of course, I guess I should welcome their activity and just look at them as providing inventory. :)

As for the MLM thing.. To each his own but it isn't for me.

I'm detecting a tone of reasonableness in your post that I don't think the OP will much care for. Could you try to demonize them a little more?

:biggrin:

Back