Probable result of 151A

Guaranteed minimums in deferral. Both are 10 year products and you don't annuitize. You can turn income on and off.

Downside: minimum guarantees do not apply when you take income. You get index or fixed rate or combination once you turn on income. The index strategies can be changed each year.

Aviva or Allianz with income riders.

Which one are we talking about here with the 12 per cent? What does the 12 per cent refer to? Is that an income rider or what. 12 per cent boggles my mind here, so I must not be understanding it. Is this saying that one of the products has the 12 percent guaranteed growth, look-back to the day you invested if you take the guaranteed income, but it reverts to the true market crediting if you bail out of the policy.

Which plan is that?

Last edited:
Which one are we talking about here with the 12 per cent? What does the 12 per cent refer to? Is that an income rider or what. 12 per cent boggles my mind here, so I must not be understanding it. Is this saying that one of the products has the 12 percent guaranteed growth, look-back to the day you invested if you take the guaranteed income, but it reverts to the true market crediting if you bail out of the policy.

Which plan is that?

I think they were refering to the funds accumulating via 12 month simple interest or compounding...

Allianz Masterdex X.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. It is a stupid name, isn't it?

Anyone can find out whatever they want from Allianz. They aren't shy about sharing information with producers.

In short, 12% simple interest added to an income bucket as an annual minimum guarantee while in deferral. No minimum guarantee while taking income, you get index or fixed amount at that point, your choice and can change annually.

Heirs get full accumulation with minimum guarantees (12%) if they take it as income. They get 6% if they want it lump-sum.

Are there some gotchas here that you need to know about before selling? Yes. That would be the case with just about every product. That is why knowing what the client needs and what the product offers is important.

Allianz Masterdex X.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. It is a stupid name, isn't it?

Anyone can find out whatever they want from Allianz. They aren't shy about sharing information with producers.

In short, 12% simple interest added to an income bucket as an annual minimum guarantee while in deferral. No minimum guarantee while taking income, you get index or fixed amount at that point, your choice and can change annually.

Heirs get full accumulation with minimum guarantees (12%) if they take it as income. They get 6% if they want it lump-sum.

Are there some gotchas here that you need to know about before selling? Yes. That would be the case with just about every product. That is why knowing what the client needs and what the product offers is important.

Interesting, methinks I will be checking this one out soon...So is the 12% an annual lifetime minimum guarantee while its being deferred?

Interesting, methinks I will be checking this one out soon...So is the 12% an annual lifetime minimum guarantee while its being deferred?

Only if you or the heirs take it as income, not lump sum, ect.... Char says that in the body of his post I believe. Be careful, it is not a 12% annual lifetime min guar unless you in effect annuitize, or as they refer to it, take an income from it.

Don't get me wrong about Allianz. I like them in general, but their products do have to be understood or a particular product that sounds good may have a moving part that makes it a poor choice for a given situation.

The 12% "sizzle" is a response to the 7.2% sizzle from Aviva.

One is simple interest, the other is compounded. They come out close to each other in accumulation in around 12 years. One has a LTC benefit, one has a much better deal for heirs. One still lets you have the sizzle if you make a withdrawal in the year, one takes away the sizzle for any withdrawal, even an IRA required distribution. In both cases these are minimum guarantees that are in addition to whatever you make in an index or fixed. The minimum guarantee is for an income bucket if you take income, otherwise the regular index/fixed applies in a walkaway situation.

Don't get me wrong about Allianz. I like them in general, but their products do have to be understood or a particular product that sounds good may have a moving part that makes it a poor choice for a given situation.

The 12% "sizzle" is a response to the 7.2% sizzle from Aviva.

One is simple interest, the other is compounded. They come out close to each other in accumulation in around 12 years. One has a LTC benefit, one has a much better deal for heirs. One still lets you have the sizzle if you make a withdrawal in the year, one takes away the sizzle for any withdrawal, even an IRA required distribution. In both cases these are minimum guarantees that are in addition to whatever you make in an index or fixed. The minimum guarantee is for an income bucket if you take income, otherwise the regular index/fixed applies in a walkaway situation.

No criticism was meant and I understood your description. I wasn't sure Smartmoney knew what you were saying.

I yearn for the days when it was simpler and the only sizzle was on the stove. Dissecting these products is not as simple as it may seem, and not nearly as simple as it should be.

Last edited:
I didn't take it as a criticism. I just begin to worry at times people may think I'm an Allianz shill. :D

Back