Problems with HCO?

GA in GA

Expert
Is anyone else having trouble getting paid by HCO? I've been with them for two years and for the most part they do what they say, but I have never been paid correctly on my UHC account. Had to stir things up to get FYC's which I still question the accuracy of, and now they refuse to pay me renewals on UHC. No problems so far on other carriers.

They used to just put me off until they could "research" the matter, now they just flat out ignore me. It's a ridiculously small amount of money which just annoys me more when I have to spend time on this.

Any one else having this problem?

Is it HCO or AHCP?

Just email me at [email protected] and I promise you we'll get to the bottom of this.

Since I don't know who posted this (not surprising) I'll reply to the others reading the post...

"We don't hold commissions...EVER. I can assure everyone reading this that there is more to the story. There always is..."

Is it HCO or AHCP?

Just email me at [email protected] and I promise you we'll get to the bottom of this.

Since I don't know who posted this (not surprising) I'll reply to the others reading the post...

"We don't hold commissions...EVER. I can assure everyone reading this that there is more to the story. There always is..."

Why do you offer to help after he posts publicly?

First of all, I still don't even know if this complaint is legit. Many of our competitors will post bogus stories (anonymously) in order to create doubt about HCO in an attempt to gain a recruiting advantage. When someone has a REAL issue, it rarely makes it to the forum because it has already been taken care of by our staff.

Obviously, if this is a real issue, it would have been more desirable had he contacted me personally about this BEFORE taking it public...I'm not sure what the motive here was, but we help everyone, regardless of their method of communication.

I hope that answers your question.

First of all, I still don't even know if this complaint is legit. Many of our competitors will post bogus stories (anonymously) in order to create doubt about HCO in an attempt to gain a recruiting advantage. When someone has a REAL issue, it rarely makes it to the forum because it has already been taken care of by our staff.

Obviously, if this is a real issue, it would have been more desirable had he contacted me personally about this BEFORE taking it public...I'm not sure what the motive here was, but we help everyone, regardless of their method of communication.

OK, maybe its bogus. I was not impressed when I called your company, not a health insurance agent, so it probably doesn't matter. I could be wrong, but that was my experience.

I was probably a bad prospect not being a health agent previously.

Last edited:
Is there someone out there that hasn't had a problem getting money from HCO?

When I was recruiting under them, there were always problems and they always had to "research" it and would just put it off, or so it seems.

I, for one, allowed them to "research" what they owed me for over 6 months! That was for about 3K. After 6 months of emails back and forth, I finally had to send a threatening email to Scott before they finally paid me.

This is why I don't do business with them any longer.

HCO told me specifically after they did not help me with a case where Humana was threatening me and ordering me to violate HIPPA that they would have all my business moved in house and continue to pay me.

Humana confirmed they were moving all my major medical clients directly under HCO.

Received 0 dollars from them in 3 months now, which I think was on 10-15 active paying clients. I have the csv here of the entire book prior to being locked out of Humana's system.

According to what I was told by Humana, they're being paid my commission on those cases, which they are retaining even though they agreed to pay me, which it states in my contract with Humana is required in 30 day opt out termination, along with them not being allowed to change AOR on any policy in force.

Humana breeched their contract, and according to Humana (if you can believe them) HCO is also participating in taking the money from terminating an agent that did nothing but refuse to break the law.

I'm sure it'll come up in court or a lawyers response letter anyway as to where the money is being sent, no telling at this point if Humana is telling the truth about what they did with the owed commissions or not.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Original explanation of exactly what happened is here: Humana Agents | Humana Agent Contract

Last edited:

Scott, this is not a bogus post. I have an e-mail chain to Susie Dinsmore going back to 9/15/11. I've simply been put on ignore and at some point decided not to take it anymore. Why would I have to contact you personally to get this resolved? Shouldn't requesting the commissions department escalate it be enough?

This matter is REAL to me and YES your staff should have handled it before my post.

Jeff Williams

Scott, this is not a bogus post. I have an e-mail chain to Susie Dinsmore going back to 9/15/11. I've simply been put on ignore and at some point decided not to take it anymore. Why would I have to contact you personally to get this resolved? Shouldn't requesting the commissions department escalate it be enough?

This matter is REAL to me and YES your staff should have handled it before my post.

Jeff Williams

Let me guess, you're getting the ol', "Jen will have to look into this", routine? Then, you find out that she never looks into it and you have to start the whole routine over again because they just can't seem to find any record that you've been inquiring about it.

That's the month after month runaround that I got.

Latest posts

Back