Progressive TV AD

You are assuming the costs to drive the consumer to the website, get the consumer to sign up, and retain the consumer are lower than the commission to an agent.

Few years ago the cost to Geico for each new piece of business was around $240 and their persistency was around 80% thank god they suck

With an average auto policy of $800 @ 12% new that Prog pays, they just saved $96 they would have paid an agent. The price of loyalty:1confused:

You are assuming the costs to drive the consumer to the website, get the consumer to sign up, and retain the consumer are lower than the commission to an agent.

Can anyone show what the actual costs are versus commissions paid?

I believe they split the cost of their TV ads between the direct and agent channel notice the ad says progressive independent Agent / 800#.

I do like to shop online, but for something like insurance, I trust my agent. It is much better to have an agent advocate when you need one than to not have this and have to rely on the 1-800 help line. Insurance is not like buying makeup off of e-bay or ordering from Kohls.
Is anyone else absolutely sick of the Progressive "Flo" commercials? Time to retire those.

I dislike this Progressive ad also. Actually, I dislike all of Progressive's latest ads.

It feels like they are more Progressive Direct ads, rather than Progressive in general.

seriously progressive is crazy there are going to be more insurance agents whats going on with that progressive how are they doing that?

s for a P&C agency in NY which sells Progressive. They do get a substantial number of people coming in for help who bought direct at the discount. They have to turn them away and refer the back to the carrier. The people are usually pissed because they are not getting the service they need for saving the commissio

s for a P&C agency in NY which sells Progressive. They do get a substantial number of people coming in for help who bought direct at the discount. They have to turn them away and refer the back to the carrier. The people are usually pissed because they are not getting the service they need for saving the commissio

I would bet they are pissed...the next question is are they pissed with you agency for turning them away in which case Progressive keeps the commission and pisses off a potential prospect for you.

I pay my Progressive every 6 months. I just not my next bill and man, it is almost half what it was last time. My niece/daughter is turning 19 now, and we are all getting older and no tickets. I was shocked when I saw the bill.

We call that gift and suprises where I come from.

I like having progressive and how easy their website is to use.

i have tried to do quotes online and in person, and the rates to be the same even though Flo said you get discounts when you buy online.

Back