Prospects who want all the information but want to enroll themselves

Ive had this happen several times before and today was the most recent. Had a lead , went over Medicare with her, literally everything I talked about she wanted me to write down all the names of the companies I narrowed down for her, all the plan names and numbers, drug plan company and plan names, dates when she must enroll by, dental plan names, basically everything. She was inquisitive about everything. There was no enrollment because she had to talk to her employer about something before she enrolls.

I guarantee Im not gonna hear from her again, because the last people I did this with never contacted me again either. These people all knew that I would not be charging them anything, nor would they pay more for my services.

Is this just part of the business? Should I not hand over everything to someone like this? How do I do this correctly to prevent this from happening anymore?
You have to sell yourself! You have to show them the value of having an agent. I’m assuming you’re a local agent to them and not just a voice on a phone line. If you’re a local agent that they can rely on then you have to sell that angle. In some ways, it’s as important as the insurance they take with you. The value I provide to my clients cannot be overlooked. It’s a big part of the sales/enrollment process.

It doesn't matter what you do or how informative you are, it will happen to everyone sooner or later. It is unfortunate that it happened to you twice in a short period, but you still have to shrug it off. As @DonP said, it is usually with a referral.

I had one (married couple), that took up an hour on two separate occasions, and requested that I write a paragraph explaining the differences, in the two plans that were suggested.

I didn't hear back from him, but a week later the guy that referred him called, and he was really angry. He told me that the referral had gone directly to the carrier, with the info. that I gave him and they enrolled him. He said that he did it to "spite" him for interfering, and insisting that he contact me. Idk, it seems like this sort of thing can happen, in any situation.

Had a couple do that to me but asked me to come back (before they let me know that they had enrolled) to cover just a few more questions. When they let the cat out of the bag I stood up and told them there was no need for me to be there or answer their questions

Back