Quality or quantity of the leads

I can say it from my personal experience. I came into this business 30+ years ago from being a manager of Restaraunts. Productivity is the key to any profits made! Whether personal or as a group. Early in my career I noticed ways to maximize my production. Also with the realization that we must invest in the areas that make us income! Me sitting on a phone for 20hrs per week or a computer today is not what I entered this business for! It was to help people not sell them! But it took a little of both.

My experience in buying Leads was thIs! I paid for the best qualified leads only! If I bought less quality it was no better than cold calls. The rule of thumb is 9 contacts you can make any less into a buyer! I’m not doing all that! So I purchased or had programs of professionals refer these folks to me by networking with P&C agents, lawyers, accountants, mortgage brokers, auto dealers later on as prices increased.

When I bought Leads they were exclusive and highly qualified! I then had an appointment setter call these folks and set up appointments! Did the numbers go down some? Yes? But not by that much! I stayed in the field with 12-20 appointments per week. Each week I’d have 5 or more apps. Early days at about $600 Premium. But as years went on and sophistication became better $2900 per case.

I never made less than $7-$1 spent as high as $15-$1 spent. Any stand-ups, not able to reach we recycled in my appointment setters calls. Until finally we re-mailed out info and it had about 5%. But not on my time. I stayed in the field! Two years in a row I was agent of the year with two companies two years in a row. I’ve made as much in today’s dollars of over $900,000. Then had an illness that required immunotherapy 54 months in the next years to come. Still never made any less than a six figure income. Today I’m starting a Virtual Agency and plan to contract 24 agents with systems in place and by my knowledge of this industry and people!

This agency will be built on Planning not just sales! Professionals or those see that as their future is who I’m looking for? I’m now looking for the right 24 to start after the first of the year. But I must say the best lead is one that you did that good job on and calls you their agent! That client will come back with their friends and family! But it takes a book of about 2000 to make a living off of your book! I had 5700 but i was also a Minister and lived in several areas.

My home area was rust belt and today has a big void in the middle income. I drove 2hrs plus away to set appointments, being sick and not from the area but still I wrote as high of premium of $175,000. This made it impossible to do what is the preferred method. If you want to be a professional and learn from me! One who made adjustments to feed my family and to help others protect theirs!

Email me! I only want those with ethics, a desire to be a professional and make a handsome above average top 10% or Higher compensation contact me! [email protected]

Not bragging, but I feel my skill level is fairly high. I just don't care to waste my time trying to convince someone to buy from me. I have better things to do during the day.

The higher your skill level. the more money you are worth an hour, plus you probably don't need quick sales. So ROI is more important than cash flow.

Plus there are quality of life issues.

The best violinist could make beautiful music with POS fiddle, but why waste her talents?

What should be given utmost priority? How do you balance the need for a lot of leads and the need for high-quality leads?

It depends on what product you want leads for. For FE I just want leads. I don't really care what the card says. I'm not doing any qualifying anyway so just someone with an interest.

If I were getting med sup leads I would opt for quality over volume.

Then it's also about your skill. The newer the agent the more they seem to need help from the lead.

Back