Question about commissions

my commission

Hello all, I have a question concerning my commissions.

I am currently signed on with a brokerage. If I leave I am able to take my book of business with me. I've been a broker now for about 4 months and I write on the average of about $13k a week. (I know I can do better if I actually worked 8 hours a day!) I mostly write health and a few group policies.

My commission rates are as follows: GR-20%, Humana-20%, Aetna 15% Anthem BCBS 15%. World 20%, Time 20%, KP $11 per head

So my question here is can I do better on my own? And if so how do I make this transition, is it easy? Or do I have to jump through hoops? And I have a few friends that want to leave with me would it be better in the long run if we combine our sales with these companies?

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Hello all, I have a question concerning my commissions.

I am currently signed on with a brokerage. If I leave I am able to take my book of business with me. I've been a broker now for about 4 months and I write on the average of about $13k a week. (I know I can do better if I actually worked 8 hours a day!) I mostly write health and a few group policies.

My commission rates are as follows: GR-20%, Humana-20%, Aetna 15% Anthem BCBS 15%. World 20%, Time 20%, KP $11 per head

So my question here is can I do better on my own? And if so how do I make this transition, is it easy? Or do I have to jump through hoops? And I have a few friends that want to leave with me would it be better in the long run if we combine our sales with these companies?

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

What state do you sell in? Do you receive any leads, bonuses, etc.? The commission levels you get are competitive, although you do can do better with GR, World, Aetna and Assurant if you go direct and can prove your production.

What state do you sell in? Do you receive any leads, bonuses, etc.? The commission levels you get are competitive, although you do can do better with GR, World, Aetna and Assurant if you go direct and can prove your production.

I am in Colorado and I do not receive any types of bonuses or leads etc.

BTW, should I be getting bonuses? lol

Last edited:
Your getting the going rate in CO for most of your carriers. I get 20% Aetna now but last year I was at the standard 15%. Yes, you can get a bonus from Aetna for placing at least 10 app's in a quarter. Pretty simple given that they have a great product line in CO with competitive pricing.

I used to offer more World plans because they are usually priced below the others - but I no longer have faith in their operation. To many client complaints.

Your getting the going rate in CO for most of your carriers. I get 20% Aetna now but last year I was at the standard 15%. Yes, you can get a bonus from Aetna for placing at least 10 app's in a quarter. Pretty simple given that they have a great product line in CO with competitive pricing.

I used to offer more World plans because they are usually priced below the others - but I no longer have faith in their operation. To many client complaints.

What kind of complaints with World were you getting? I just got on with them and their rates are good here in TX as well.

Back