Question for Saleswolf...

You can advise them to stay away from a new company that comes out with dirt cheap rates just to buy business if the companies underwriting is awful.

Yep, you sure can and most of the time they will listen and then go with the "new kid on the block" anyway. As soon as you hear of the increase then call them back and say "I told you so" and write a "good" policy for them.

Amen to that Frank. I write all ANTEX right now...commissions suck but they have the best RATES also. I only get 17% first year and 8.5% 2-6

This is also why I am now focusing 90% of my efforts in the individual market...poor pay plus I am burned out with the senior market and tired of the CMS games.

Really? I don't write underage health so I may not know what I'm talking about but isn't the first year commission pretty good while following years it is rather low?

15% is probably only 3 or 4 points less than what most companies pay but the first year commission with Med Supps continues at the first year rate for several years.

If United World has the best price, (the majority of seniors only buy price especially since the coverage is the same with all companies) I will write World all day long for 15% as opposed to writing for a company that pays 18% but who's premiums are 20% higher.

The amount of commission one makes is a mute point if no apps are being written.

Amen to that Frank. I write all ANTEX right now...commissions suck but they have the best RATES also. I only get 17% first year and 8.5% 2-6

This is also why I am now focusing 90% of my efforts in the individual market...poor pay plus I am burned out with the senior market and tired of the CMS games.

Are you just targeting Delaware or focusing on becoming an underwear agent?

Fully clothed agent focusing on Delaware. Blue Cross and Golden Rule. Assurant is ridiculous here now.

Singe male age 25 in Maryland with Assurant - Max Plan $2,500 deductible, 80/20 $2,000 OOP w/copay - $154. Same plan with GR - $77 per month. Kinda tough to justify. That makes Assurant over 100% higher.

Family of 4 - husband 40, wife 40, two kids

$2,500 ded - $2,000 OOP 80/20 w/copay:

GR Copay Select: $396
Assurant Max: $698

I guess Assurant wants to say it's not a copay company. Fine - same family above for a HSA:

Golden Rule: $273
Assurant: $398

Last edited:
dude...what have I said all along about assurant......roller coaster rates year after year......

Back