Question from noob about States

AZInsPro

I am licensed in AZ. I have a lady here in AZ that wants to purchase a FE policy for her son in AR. She will be the owner and make the payments, son will be the insured. Do I need to get a non-resident license for AR or am I good to write up on my AZ license? Any feedback is appreciated. Thx.

I am licensed in AZ. I have a lady here in AZ that wants to purchase a FE policy for her son in AR. She will be the owner and make the payments, son will be the insured. Do I need to get a non-resident license for AR or am I good to write up on my AZ license? Any feedback is appreciated. Thx.

if the sun ever comes up to visit her and you wrote it at that time when he is in Arizona then all you need is your Arizona license. But if you ride it when he is in a different state do you need to be licensed in both states.

if the sun ever comes up to visit her and you wrote it at that time when he is in Arizona then all you need is your Arizona license. But if you ride it when he is in a different state do you need to be licensed in both states.
I do not even understand what you typed. I believe you are saying that indeed I need to be licensed in the state where the policy is being issued. Yes?

I do not even understand what you typed. I believe you are saying that indeed I need to be licensed in the state where the policy is being issued. Yes?

Yes that’s a funny voice to text. If her son is in Arizona visiting her and you and she and he are all in Arizona when you write it then you only need to be licensed in Arizona.

Yes, I am sure the sun at sometime will come up to visit her and all who gaze into the sky above... even in Arizona.

Not sure what you plan to ride, but unless it is a skate board or one of those gas powered bicycles, you will need a license. However, most states will accept other states drivers license as valid so you would only need it for the state you claim residence in. :laugh:

Sorry couldn't resist. I am a pro at bad voice text. Sent one to a friend who I was attempting to tell him I was going to send over an address to him.

Went like this... "Ok let me grab in a dress and I'll send over whips." :huh:

Yep, should of read that one a little closer before pushing send. :laugh:

Thanks so much for info. One more question please. If I get one of our AR agents to take care of the field underwriting, can he/she setup as a split commission with me having only a AZ license? Or, in the case of split commission, do both of us still need AR licenses, even if he/she is the field underwriter of record? Again, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks so much for info. One more question please. If I get one of our AR agents to take care of the field underwriting, can he/she setup as a split commission with me having only a AZ license? Or, in the case of split commission, do both of us still need AR licenses, even if he/she is the field underwriter of record? Again, any feedback is appreciated.

Not an expert, so you need to ask someone who is. But the split should be ok, if the office will allow it. You should call the company on that one before you take my advice.

Not an expert, so you need to ask someone who is. But the split should be ok, if the office will allow it. You should call the company on that one before you take my advice.

I agree with call the office to verify but also an ad that getting her out of state license in any state is very easy. Just go on NIPR.com it takes about five minutes and maybe $50.

My experience is - the state were the owner signs dictates which state app you use. I would double check with the company you want to write. Then let us know what they say.

Back