Questions to Ask While Interviewing a Potential Telemarketer

I hired over 250 per year on straight
commissions from 2007 to 2014.

They key is that you have a

1) Systematic process for hiring them.

2) You have a systematic process for on boarding them.

3) You never pay a base salary

4) You ALWAYS get them licensed.

It took me a total of five years to perfect the systems,
and probably over 1.5 million dollars of my own money.

Now it takes a total of about 4 hours a week to execute and I have not sold a single policy myself since 2007.

The telemarketers that make it, make ALOT of money with me.

It cost me about $250k a year now to operate, but I only work
fours hours a week total.

We do a steady 5 to 7 million new dollars in premium every year
with roughly a 50% payout to the telemarketers.

Its a pain in the butt to get moving but if you have an office the
model works.

A

I'm thinking about hiring a telemarketer to make cold calls for FE (and maybe supps). I've done I in the past, plus it used TM leads for over a year. I think I can keep the costs down by using a dialer and hiring one myself.

So, what type of questions should you ask them when interviewing?

I did an interview one time with 5 other people. A lot of them seemed very strong candidates, but there was no limitation to numbers hired, so I just went there and did my best. Everyone shone, and then almost as an aside at the end, the interviewer said to us, "ok so thats the interview. if anyone is interested in staying back for a moment, we will call up some customers and see how you like it". Everyone had an excuse to leave. I was like "show me the telephone."

3 minutes (and a moody pitch to call back appointment) later, I got the job handed to me, with a handshake.

All 5 other applicants got their own cold call 24 hours later, when HR let them know they had been politely declined.

Back