Quoting Process for Phone Agent

whiterussiansp

I've been a health insurance agent for a few years and am looking to diversify into P&C. With health I'm used to getting a prospect on the phone and having a quote up for them in a minute or 2 based on pre-populated lead info or a few basic questions by phone. P&C seems to be a lot more involved.

The agency I'm planning on working with uses PL Rating. They're new to phone agents/internet leads etc so they don't have a lot of advice for me. As it stands currently they want me to get a bunch of info from the prospect and then send it over to their quoting team who will have it back to me in an hour or two or possibly a day or longer depending on workload, complexity, etc.

Is this normal? I'm assuming prospects want instant quotes, but it seems like those can be hard to come by and aren't always that accurate. I plan on selling both home and auto.

For those agents purchasing internet or live transfer leads, what is your typical call process like? Are you quoting instantly? How long does it usually take? Are you setting call back appointments for quotes?

I've searched for a couple hours now and haven't come back with anything that looks like an answer to these questions. Thanks!

Depends on the type of lead. If it's preferred customers and can use a rater, or have a prospect i know needs to be placed with a particular carrier, then i quote over the phone. Unless there are more than 2 drivers/cars it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for auto and 10 for home. I enter their info as we go and provide quote on the initial call.

Nonstandard is a different story and it's difficult to find a rater they all support. I enter their Info as i go on the phone but usualy have to call them back so they're not sitting idly on the phone for 10-15 minutes (and slowing me down with small talk.

Back