Re Medigap High Deductible F Plan Offered by a Company with Terrible Reviews.

conky

[FONT=&quot]re Medigap High Deductible F plan offered by a company with terrible reviews.

I am interested in purchasing a High Deductible F plan with a company called First United (aka First United American - parent company Torchmark), but the online reviews for First United are truly HORRIFIC. I should note that with many of the reviews it’s nearly impossible to tell what kind of policy is being so poorly reviewed as they also sell life insurance and indemnity health policies (and often people buying such policies don’t really understand the plan limitations).

My question is: As Medigap policies are highly regulated and supposed to be identical from one company to the next (i.e. Blue Cross HD F is identical to United HD F), is there ANYTHING I have worry about having a policy with a poorly rated company. Is there ANY WAY that First United can get away with NOT paying 100% of claims (if they are Medicare approved claims), after I pay my $2,100 deductible.

Unfortunately, there are very few HD F plans in New York, which is why i am considering First United.

Greatly appreciate the feedback...
Thanks![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]re Medigap High Deductible F plan offered by a company with terrible reviews.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am interested in purchasing a High Deductible F plan with a company called First United (aka First United American - parent company Torchmark), but the online reviews for First United are truly HORRIFIC. I should note that with many of the reviews it’s nearly impossible to tell what kind of policy is being so poorly reviewed as they also sell life insurance and indemnity health policies (and often people buying such policies don’t really understand the plan limitations).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My question is: As Medigap policies are highly regulated and supposed to be identical from one company to the next (i.e. Blue Cross HD F is identical to United HD F), is there ANYTHING I have worry about having a policy with a poorly rated company. Is there ANY WAY that First United can get away with NOT paying 100% of claims (if they are Medicare approved claims), after I pay my $2,100 deductible. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, there are very few HD F plans in New York, which is why i am considering First United.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Greatly appreciate the feedback...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks![/FONT]

I'm not familiar with First United American...but I was with United American(Torchmark) for many years until 1999. United American has an A.M. Best rating of A+. I think First United American must be a company they started to operate in New York, because they used to operate in every state except New York.

The bad reviews you're reading are no doubt from unhappy customers who weren't told about the $2110 Part B deductible. The company is fine and I think First United American also has the A+ rating.

Personally, I wouldn't want a HD Plan F. If you do, I'd check around...not because of the quality of the company, but because United American got to the point where they weren't competitively priced anymore...which is why I left them.

[FONT=&quot]re Medigap High Deductible F plan offered by a company with terrible reviews.

I am interested in purchasing a High Deductible F plan with a company called First United (aka First United American - parent company Torchmark), but the online reviews for First United are truly HORRIFIC. I should note that with many of the reviews it’s nearly impossible to tell what kind of policy is being so poorly reviewed as they also sell life insurance and indemnity health policies (and often people buying such policies don’t really understand the plan limitations).

My question is: As Medigap policies are highly regulated and supposed to be identical from one company to the next (i.e. Blue Cross HD F is identical to United HD F), is there ANYTHING I have worry about having a policy with a poorly rated company. Is there ANY WAY that First United can get away with NOT paying 100% of claims (if they are Medicare approved claims), after I pay my $2,100 deductible.

Unfortunately, there are very few HD F plans in New York, which is why i am considering First United.

Greatly appreciate the feedback...
Thanks![/FONT]

All HD Plan F's are the same no matter where you buy them. The only difference is the premium. Just be sure you understand the plan.

Last edited:
All HD Plan F's are the same no matter where you buy them. The only difference is the premium. Just be sure you understand the plan.

I realize that...that's why I said UA wasn't competitively priced. The enhanced HD F is a little different than the rest.

I realize that...that's why I said UA wasn't competitively priced. The enhanced HD F is a little different than the rest.

Goillini52, I take no issue with your post. I actually thumb upped it. I just wanted to emphasis to the OP to be sure and understand what they are buying.

Last edited:
Goillini52, I take no issue with you post. I actually thumb upped it. I just wanted to emphasis to the OP to be sure and understand what they are buying.

I took no offense...I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I knew what you wanted the OP to know, but I didn't want either one of you to think that I didn't know .....:twitchy:....no problem.

Back