Recommended Age Range for LTC

Nov 8, 2018

1. JJ2713

JJ2713 Guru

State:
    Florida
    I said "action" to explain it in the post, but obviously I don't say it like that to a client. That wouldn't work too well.

I do the risk assessment and then talk about the risks. And I lead the conversation eventually towards the solution (LTC insurance, etc.). I also pre-educate them if I can. Like a retirement 101 tutorial.

I want the client to understand why they should implement the solution. That's the best way to get a client. And it's just best for them too. And then you help them move forward and take care of the details.

JJ2713, Nov 9, 2018
  2. JJ2713

JJ2713 Guru

State:
    Florida
    I have heard this before.

I have been considering doing so, especially now if I start dealing with younger clients.

JJ2713, Nov 9, 2018
  3. ltcadviser

ltcadviser Guru

If you have any questions regarding options for your clients, you may always give me call.

4. JJ2713

JJ2713 Guru

State:
    Florida
    Good to know Jack, you're always helpful.

JJ2713, Nov 10, 2018
  5. fun2drum

fun2drum Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    I used to sell quite a bit of LTCI 15 years ago before I got into Medicare plans, and I always brought it up to people in their 50's through 70's, but I had a few clients in their 30's and 40's. Why they chose to buy was a family history of LTC and they were afraid of waiting until they were uninsurable to apply. I think that's a wise thing to consider because if they wait until that perfect age then they might just be on oxygen when it's time to apply.