Regular LTC policies without rate increases?

ok...but considering the demographics of this sub-forum and the topic, I still think that you knew exactly what I was referencing and just wanted to be pedantic.

According to LIMRA (you know who they are, right?) 86% of hybrids purchased are policies that do NOT have an LTC extension of benefits rider. How then am I supposed to read your mind and know what you mean by a hybrid?

LIMRA calls them hybrids.

Limra calls me the king of hybrids
According to LIMRA (you know who they are, right?) 86% of hybrids purchased are policies that do NOT have an LTC extension of benefits rider. How then am I supposed to read your mind and know what you mean by a hybrid?

Look Scott, forget about LIMRA categorization. The extension of benefits is the key benefit. You want to refer to these policies as “linked benefit” policies, fine. We get it. Just understand consumers and advisers will call them hybrids. And the policies are massively popular today.

Last edited:
Limra calls me the king of hybrids

Look Scott, forget about LIMRA categorization. The extension of benefits is the key benefit. You want to refer to these policies as “linked benefit” policies, fine. We get it. Just understand consumers and advisers will call them hybrids. And the policies are massively pooular today.

more traditional LTCi policies were sold last year than hybrids with LTC extension of benefits rider.

LIMRA is just a mouthpiece for the insurance industry.
The insurance industry doesn't want consumers to buy long-term care insurance.
Here's why:
(Hint: agents are puppets)
The REAL Reason Long-Term Care Insurance Sales are Dropping – LTCShop.com

Here's why:

Gimmee a break.

Traditional policies
Genworth
Mass
NYL
Omaha
Northwestern
Thrivent
Knights
NGL
AutoOwners
FlTCIP
Transamerica
Bankers

Real Hybrids
Lincoln
OneAmerica
Pacific
Securian
NYL
Nationwide

Consumers do not want non/guaranteed premiums, rate increases, use it or lose it proposition of traditional policies anymore.

6 years ago my phone used to ring off the hook for traditional policies; now it rings off thr hook for hybrids. This is not about the industry. Consumer sentiments have shifted dramatically.

Here's why:

None of this changes the fact that hybrids are not how you describe them, an least to those in our industry.

People want these products, regardless of if you agree.

You didn't even know that GULs can have 101g accelerations for chronic conditions that are dollar for dollar on a non permanent basis.

You might consider Googling a few of these things.

Last edited:
Back