Regulations for Med Supp Mailers

[quote/]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Senior-advisor-indiana is a super-genius!;)[/quote]

I agree with this. And to Elder, where did you get your unicorn? I didn't think we were allowed to own them in Indiana.

Talked to a mail house. They send out general "Changes to Medicare" cards and brochures, nothing specific to med supps. Not really what I was looking for....

Talked to a mail house. They send out general "Changes to Medicare" cards and brochures, nothing specific to med supps. Not really what I was looking for....

Sometimes "what we are looking for" is not the best thing. Sometimes outside "forces" can guide us to what would actually work....think about it.....seniors must be interested enough in the "changes" to Medicare to send back the cards....why not YOUR card?

I don't understand why agents use these generic pieces. Are you selling information or policies?

I would rather get a 1% response for a "Did you receive your Medicare Supplement rate decrease" rather than a 2% response for "Hey, let me tell you about changes in Medicare."

Which one generates the most sales?

I never use standard mailers but instead design my own. One of my mailers generated such a high return (6-8%) that the mailng house now charges me $20/K just because of the BRM costs. Unfortunately the dual plan I was promoting has been pulled but it was great while it lasted.

Rick

Exactly, GreenSky! We do mailings to sell policies and have been very successful in other states with mailers we designed in house. There are more sales in being up front and honest with people. I don't sell changes to Medicare; I sell Med Supps.

every med supp i sale is from direct mail... doesn't get any easier than someone calling you, and saying, "hey, i got your brochure here, and it says my age the rate is X, but currently i'm paying 200/month... how can i switch?"

Back