Relocation and agent license question

Arnguy - oops...........that "mi-stake" was even after sp check!! My bad.:noteworthy:

You sure have the lingo down - made me reminisce and smile. Back in the day, Delsandros on Henry ave. served up a great cheesesteak. There was also some place around there called "Mama's" that was awesome.

If I remember - Jim's on South St. was on a corner...black tile outside, black and white checker board design inside. If I'm thinking of the same place, I would have to give it a thumbs up as well. I do remember sitting in the South Street Souvlaki drinking Ouzo a few times (LOL)....a person can have a lot of fun on South St.

My turf was the Roxborough, East Falls, Manayunk areas. Good working class neighborhoods. Germantown was really going down hill back then - don't know if it ever recovered.

Perhaps someday, I will need to make a soul journey back there. In the meantime "youse guys gotta have a cheesesteak sanwhich for me"!

P.S. - I get a kick out of what the owner of Geno's is doing. I think it would cause riots in Denver.

Last edited:
Yeah, BKrocko----you described Jim's accurately. Germantown is still pretty bad, but Chestnut Hill is as lovely as ever with great funky shops. It reminds me of New Hope. Manayunk has had a great revival. Wonderful shops, restaurants, and real lively on Main Street on the weekends. And Center City has loads of great restaurants and has been going uphill ever since the revival in 1976 (Bicentennial celebtration). And a new skyscraper, the Comcast Building, is scheduled to open in the fall. It will be a 59-story building and the tallest building between New York City and Chicago. Once the current mayor's term is over this year, I think Philly will make great strides with the new mayor..

Back