Renewal Offer

Its still amazing to me in this biz how many people DONT CARE that they have major medical plans without Rx coverage. Most of the time you tell them why its important and they just don't care. I spend about 2 minutes talking to them - after that if they don't heed the warning I'm onto the next prospect.

It's important for new agents to pay attention to the fact that 25% of those claims were RX.

I'd be curious to know how much of those were the "ask your doctor about..." drugs vs generic maintenance drugs.

I recently met with one of the industry's leading underwriting database companies and was told that a national carrier is playing around with underwriting off of Rx database information ONLY..... that should tell you a few things.... such as how much Rx info there is available and how detailed the info is..... how it is mapped to diagnosis codes and how little the med history can be parlayed into ROI in underwriting. FYI

I have noticed that trend as well, Mark. Humana seemed to be the first using Rx history and others have fallen in line. Makes a lot of sense.

I have noticed that trend as well, Mark. Humana seemed to be the first using Rx history and others have fallen in line. Makes a lot of sense.

Interesting

You are talking about group underwriting?

Back