Renters Insurance In High Risk Areas In CA

Does anyone know who will write renters insurance in high risk areas, specifically within California? I have a client who lives in the middle of nowhere in pretty much a shack.

I'm getting declines due to brush and also due to a fireplace being the only source of heat, no thermostat.

Is there anyone who will write a renters policy for this situation?

I know what you're thinking, it's probably costing more money to write/read this post than you'll make in commission. I'm trying to do this as a favor for one of my larger clients who has a friend that is looking for this.

Let me know if anyone has heard of any options.

Thanks!

The fireplace is no problem at all.
Is it Protection Class 10?
What is the fireline rating?

You are correct, as with all renters policies, writing the policy costs more than the commission made. They tend to always be done to gain a client for cross-selling, or as a favor.

Dan

The last one I wrote like this was through Lloyd's but it was also a $4M RC house. (Mansion in the middle of the woods)

You can also try Tapco; they wrote a vacant mobile home in the middle of a desert despite the fact that is caught on fire last year.

edit: Oh, renters insurance. Sorry, I didn't fully read your question. That may be tougher. I'm not sure there's a market for something like that, sorry. :(

I don't know if there's a market either. Nobody seems to care about the renters market as it almost always optional coverage. Well any tips are greatly appreciated!

Tapco told me they dont do any dwelling in California

The last one I wrote like this was through Lloyd's but it was also a $4M RC house. (Mansion in the middle of the woods)

You can also try Tapco; they wrote a vacant mobile home in the middle of a desert despite the fact that is caught on fire last year.

edit: Oh, renters insurance. Sorry, I didn't fully read your question. That may be tougher. I'm not sure there's a market for something like that, sorry. :(

Back