Replaced by Lincoln Heritage

Isn't RNA your lead company?

I don't know what you are asking. Are you asking if I prefer to write RNA? Yes. But if another company is better for the client then I write that company. That's what I said about all things not being equal.

----------

I know FCGS is a joke, but what is it, exactly? I want to know what they're telling these people so I know how to tell them it's useless. Know thine enemy ;-)

They won't do anything for the family until the policy has been in force for 2 years.

Then on non contestable policies they will use the paying within 24 hours to browbeat the funeral home in a lower price.

That's sounds like something that might work, if they don't care about the funeral experience for the family after the funeral home has been arguing with their insurance company, until one finds out that any funeral home in the united states can get paid within 24 hours from any insurance company.

And the FCGS is not free. They charge the person $6/mo for it and just build it into the premium.

The LH agents sell it as a funeral preplan. If not overtly, covertly.

I don't.

You sell a lot more Fraternal than I. I sell a few RNA. Am I wrong about the cash values?

----------

I did not know that. _IF_ so GUL has stronger guarantees.

Speaking of UL if a Fraternal has a UL or GUL and needs to raid the insured cash value wouldn't that sink the certificate?

Would not think so..The face amount would be reduced to the amount that would be supported by the remaining cash value.

Btw, even though at this time I do not have a fraternal contract, I am not anti fraternal. But, agents that are selling fraternal need to know how an assessment works.. many don't. Also, many claim it has never happened.. not true... Or, it has not happened in over 100 years.. not true. If an agent takes an apparently strong fraternal such as RNA or Foresters and explains the assessment process correctly in the beginning, there will be very little opportunity for another agent to come in behind them and use that against them for the purpose of replacement.

Last edited:
I don't know what you are asking. Are you asking if I prefer to write RNA? Yes. But if another company is better for the client then I write that company. That's what I said about all things not being equal.

----------
I'm asking you if you have RNA and another company, both with the same rating, both at the same price for level...which do you write?

Also, why do you prefer RNA over Foresters(other than American vs. Canadian). I can't see much difference in the member benefits and Foresters seems to be noticeably cheaper.

----------
I'm asking you if you have RNA and another company, both with the same rating, both at the same price for level...which do you write?

Also, why do you prefer RNA over Foresters(other than American vs. Canadian). I can't see much difference in the member benefits and Foresters seems to be noticeably cheaper.

Degree of Honor is even cheaper than Foresters if you want a fraternal.

----------

I would recommend RNA because of the member benefits if the prices were equal. If the person didn't care about the member benefits then I would write the policy.

As for RNA and Foresters, I see no comparison for the member benefits. But I do sell Foresters too and my wife has a Foresters certificate.

We have never used our Foresters member benefits. I had a client that tried to use Foresters legal aid and it was the biggest cluster you could imagine.

I do use my RNA benefits. I've gotten 45% off the price of eyeglasses several times. I can't use the dental discounts because I have dental insurance. many of my clients have used the dental discounts though. The last one that used it told me they saved $600. Many have also used the hearing aid discounts.

My clients don't use the shopping discounts but we do. Then you have the fraternal aid. I can't even count how many clients have used that. Anywhere from the ice storm here 5 years ago, to wind damage to an auto accident to plumbing failure. $250 goes a long way when you are in a bind. For a husband and wife it's $500. Also premium assistance when you have a problem. That's up to $200. I've had several clients use that.

Then the fraternal grants. I helped one of my clients get a $2000 grant.
Maybe Foresters does all of that too but it's a secret to me if they do.

Foresters member benefits always seemed to be community oriented when RNA's are more direct for the member. That's how I see it anyway.

Without those benefits I wouldn't recommend a certificate over a policy even when the certificate is better priced.

Then the other thing about how I chose companies to write, I'm going to steer away from companies that make my job more difficult, Settlers, Mon/Trans, 5 Star, Foresters,AmAm,MoO, LL, UHL, etc. and steer toward companies that make my job a little easier, RNA, Trinity, AmCon just to name a few. Then you some companies like Americo, for just one example, that are not any easier to deal with or any harder to deal with.

I will use the difficult companies when I have to. I'm certainly not going to them first.

I would recommend RNA because of the member benefits if the prices were equal. If the person didn't care about the member benefits then I would write the policy.

As for RNA and Foresters, I see no comparison for the member benefits. But I do sell Foresters too and my wife has a Foresters certificate.

We have never used our Foresters member benefits. I had a client that tried to use Foresters legal aid and it was the biggest cluster you could imagine.

I do use my RNA benefits. I've gotten 45% off the price of eyeglasses several times. I can't use the dental discounts because I have dental insurance. many of my clients have used the dental discounts though. The last one that used it told me they saved $600. Many have also used the hearing aid discounts.

My clients don't use the shopping discounts but we do. Then you have the fraternal aid. I can't even count how many clients have used that. Anywhere from the ice storm here 5 years ago, to wind damage to an auto accident to plumbing failure. $250 goes a long way when you are in a bind. For a husband and wife it's $500. Also premium assistance when you have a problem. That's up to $200. I've had several clients use that.

Then the fraternal grants. I helped one of my clients get a $2000 grant.
Maybe Foresters does all of that too but it's a secret to me if they do.

Foresters member benefits always seemed to be community oriented when RNA's are more direct for the member. That's how I see it anyway.

Without those benefits I wouldn't recommend a certificate over a policy even when the certificate is better priced.

Then the other thing about how I chose companies to write, I'm going to steer away from companies that make my job more difficult, Settlers, Mon/Trans, 5 Star, Foresters,AmAm,MoO, LL, UHL, etc. and steer toward companies that make my job a little easier, RNA, Trinity, AmCon just to name a few. Then you some companies like Americo, for just one example, that are not any easier to deal with or any harder to deal with.

I will use the difficult companies when I have to. I'm certainly not going to them first.

Good explanation.............thanks.

Well this is a new one. A low point in my career.

I got replaced by a LH agent on an RNA policy.

Seems that he informed them that they had to much coverage. He replaced my 15k policy with 12.5k. His is $3 cheaper a month so that's less coming out of their account. Plus they can use this money to pay for the funeral.

I am going to see them Monday night to retain my business.

Do they have a build chart? (Applicant is like 5' and 340lbs)

Is there any amount or age of insulin that is a decline? (On quite a bit of insulin started at age 55)

Good news. I was able to retain this policy. Seems the LH agent told the applicant that my policy wouldn't pay for a funeral like his would. WTF thru are both life insurance.

I would like to give RNA a special thanks. This other agent had told my client he didn't need to spend 53/month for 15k because a funeral wouldn't costs more than 12,500. And wouldn't it be nice to save that 3/ month and only pay the low low price of 50.50 for 12.5k.
RNA reissued the policy with a reduced death benefit of 12.5k. My client is now paying 44/ month. So ain't that nice LH. Now he is saving 6 more dollars.

My dealings with RNA have been very positive lately. This reduction of face amount is something that a lot of other companies wouldn't do. This is the type of thing that I really liked from 5 star a couple years ago.

Good news. I was able to retain this policy. Seems the LH agent told the applicant that my policy wouldn't pay for a funeral like his would. WTF thru are both life insurance.

I would like to give RNA a special thanks. This other agent had told my client he didn't need to spend 53/month for 15k because a funeral wouldn't costs more than 12,500. And wouldn't it be nice to save that 3/ month and only pay the low low price of 50.50 for 12.5k.
RNA reissued the policy with a reduced death benefit of 12.5k. My client is now paying 44/ month. So ain't that nice LH. Now he is saving 6 more dollars.

My dealings with RNA have been very positive lately. This reduction of face amount is something that a lot of other companies wouldn't do. This is the type of thing that I really liked from 5 star a couple years ago.

That's along the lines of what I said above. I send my business to companies that make my job easier, not harder. RNA is good about making my job easier. Do they have their insurance company moments? Absolutely they do. But they are less frequent than most.:laugh:

Back