Was in a house I door knocked and 2 Lincoln agents knocked it

Fire

Super Genius
They didn’t see me and lady told them somebody’s here . He must have been training and was horrible . “ Hi I’m Leroy of Lincoln life “ . Lol . She said she was busy and they said they’d come back later . I got $92 a month out of the house and schooled her several times to not answer door or tell them she wasn’t interested.

A 1000 guys are on you tube spamming day and night how you can make a killing selling fe and mapd . 10’s of thousands of agents flocking to the riches . You have a spammer from you tube I’ve seen on this board broadcasting you can make $1mil a yr selling duals/lis mapd yr round . The dude has never sold one mapd policy and knows little about it . The power of social media is strong.

I don't find anymore agents out there now than I've ever found. Some have different uplines or maybe it's the same upline with a different name. But the revolving door IMO's have always been there.

Serial mailers have always been there too. 18-20 years ago NAA was making a killing just reselling leads. They even said you "rented" the leads. They learned that was a bad thing to say so they stopped saying it. But they kept on reselling and I'm sure they still are.

You have to focus on what you can control and let the things go that you have no control over.

In this situation I would have wanted to listen the LH pitch. But make no mistake, no matter how happy that person is right now with whatever was sold they are sending in more cards.

Would you have listened from another room, let the LH agents sell if they could and then worked on replacement?
Or is there a different approach you would have taken?

What would your objective(s) have been in allowing other agents to present while you were working on a sale with the prospect?

I don't find anymore agents out there now than I've ever found. Some have different uplines or maybe it's the same upline with a different name. But the revolving door IMO's have always been there.

Serial mailers have always been there too. 18-20 years ago NAA was making a killing just reselling leads. They even said you "rented" the leads. They learned that was a bad thing to say so they stopped saying it. But they kept on reselling and I'm sure they still are.

You have to focus on what you can control and let the things go that you have no control over.

In this situation I would have wanted to listen the LH pitch. But make no mistake, no matter how happy that person is right now with whatever was sold they are sending in more cards.
If anything, there are far fewer agents today than in the past. The debit agent was the FE agent back in the day and in my small town there were 3 company district offices, 4 or 5 detached staff offices and numerous agents working as detached agents. Now, there are none. In fact, there are only a couple of "ordinary" life and health offices. The odds are that if you talk with someone that hasn't sent a mailer, they haven't talked with an agent in years. I have kind of reverted back to concentrating more on cancer and there is almost no competition in that market anymore. Wish, I were younger, healthier and had more energy because the markets for blue collar life (including FE) and ancillary health are wide open.

After a sale, I crossed the sidewalk and wrote another off a cold knock. After a warm up she got her policy and the paper work her agent had left behind. He wrote her Prosperity Term which was correct. As I looked at his "leave behinds" I cam across a copy of his license. Huh? :huh:

According to the dates, he's just a baby... and I stole his milk money! :wideeyed:;)

@Fire I think you have a good handle on the power of social media idea. Marketing to new agents has taken on a mass approach. Not sure how many new ones are coming on each month, but I can tell you that almost just as many are falling off. Poor training and even poorer people skill sets, set many a would be rising stars up for future failure.

Would you have listened from another room, let the LH agents sell if they could and then worked on replacement?
Or is there a different approach you would have taken?

What would your objective(s) have been in allowing other agents to present while you were working on a sale with the prospect?

I wouldn’t hide. I would want them to know I’m there.

I want to hear their pitch. Since there were two one was in training.

I want to see if they present the FCGS as a preneed. Many LH agents do.

Finally I just want the prospect to see the stark difference.

Back