Reputable Lead Company...

I bought some leads from Stacy not too long ago, but had a much better experience with Hometown Quotes.

what was the issue with Stacy's leads (leadco)?

The usual internet lead stuff. Didn't fill it out, bad contact info, etc. With HQ people who were interested in life insurance actually picked up the phone and I had conversations with them about life insurance.

So they are both owned by Bankrate now? Does that mean they sell the same leads? I used sell only health but I am aggresive into life and thiking about P&C, since health is going down the tubes and has been for while. Dont beat me up too bad, United American did that already when they dumped health insurance.

As far as buying from one lead vendor, I have had bettter luck buying from different sources and mixing it in, but in the last few years Insureme and Netquote seemed to have the same performance, I guess now I know why. This weekend I am going to cold call on Sunday, as reccomended to me by another Internet lead vendor, but I only bought aged leads. They sent me a free "analysis" of my area.

How am I improving? trying to cold call smarter, not more often. And I am now pouring over all these forums, learning some very great stuff. I also logged into two two other forums accidentally, geeze I wish they were all the same one, one is .com the other one is .net. gimme a break.

I guess I am little bit cynical, because I have read lots of bashing of every lead company here, but not hometown. I remember when Insureme was Insurance Shopping network and they were pure quality - the gold old days.
+++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know how they distribute their leads now that they have the same owner. FYI: AllWebLeads & Insuranceleads.com are now one company too.

I'm sure if you look there are some negative comments about my company. Perhaps the difference is we Care about fixing our problems?

FYI: I read some comments here recently that calls were not being returned. We just changed our PBX 2 weeks ago, partly because of comments here. One thing we found out during the change: We had over 36 voice-mail messages not returned on just one phone alone! [we have 6+ folks in Customer Service] Normally, VM messages are turned into a notice that all staff & management can see. But for some reason, these VM messages got "stuck" and we never knew they were in the system! YES, we had many complaints both here & via other calls. We could not figure out where the messages were. Folks would say they left them & we could find no evidence of them! Now we know what happened:1mad:

I'm very thankful for the complaints or we would not have investigated nor been moved to change a defective system.

I am actually sad you are cynical because that means those of us in the LeadGen busniess are doing a very bad job. If you'd like to try some good leads, give me a call.

The best phone call I had recently was: "Bob, I LOVE your leads but I need more of them. I'm willing to buy more but your staff says I'm getting all you have. What can I/you do to get me more leads?" I told him I can't get him more without sacrificing the Quality. I'm not willing to sacrifice the Quality to get more quantity.

I'm reminded of this quote by Steve Jobs of Apple:“Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”

This is where HometownQuotes.com is today. We are not perfect & yes we've made mistakes in the past. What business owner/company has not? The BIG difference is we Are doing something about it. We will not sit still. We cannot be everything to every agent but we know who the agents are we want to do business with. Many of them are on this Forum

Let's be honest here: Can every agent on this Forum Succeed in the Insurance business? Can every agent be successful at cold calling? At working Fresh Internet leads?

You know the answer. But like myself, there are many here that will be glad to help if you ask for it.

This post is longer than I expected but let me finish with this example from a book I'm reading called SHINE by Kris Den Besten:

"Have you ever received such exceptional service that it was worthy of applause? Ponder for a moment the last time you received outstanding service that completely exceeded your expectations. Often those instances are difficult to recall.

Now think about the last time you received poor service. That should be easier to recall. I once read that the average customer will remember an outstanding service incident for about 18 months but will remember a poor one for 23.5 years! What a disparity!

The fact is that nobody remembers normal service. Average service never receives applause."

So I'll leave you with this quote by Martin Luther King, Jr.:
"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of Heaven and earth will pause to say, "Here lived a street sweeper who did his job well."

HometownQuotes.com wants to be your street sweeper! :idea:

I have a question hope someone can answer it , I will contact dept of insurance,I am an independent agent this insurance company wrote me a letter after not writing for them in nearly a year, states not paying one of my death claim after 19 months , the company denied the claim, and coming back to me for the money that I was advance and then some, I was only advance 500.0 and 12 months advance which was 9 months up front. is the legal I thought after 12 on the book thats it no matter happen you are not responsible for it.

Not sure why you put this here, but the answer is it depends on the carrier/contract. It doesn't sound right, but without more information it's tough to say for sure.

Internet leads seem to have the best close rate if you call immediately, so any vendor could be worth a test if they are new.

If you don't test new sources, then it is harder to grow!

Internet leads seem to have the best close rate if you call immediately, so any vendor could be worth a test if they are new.

If you don't test new sources, then it is harder to grow!

I think Leads360 puts out some pretty good information on this. They don't sell leads but they do collect the data from agents using their system.
1) Calling leads 6 times increases contact rates by 184%
2) On average it takes 5-6 attempts to contact a new lead.
3) Sending 2-4 emails increases conversion rates by 43%
4) Matching the right lead to the right sales rep improves conversion by 53%
5) Leads convert 22 times more often when you make contact in 5 minutes
6) Leads generated on the weekend are 26% more likely to convert.
7) 40% of leads close eventually, with consistent long term follow-up.
8) Converting a lead is 57% lead quality & 43% Sales Process!

Interesting Facts/Stats.:idea:

Since we all know that "good leads" is an oxymoron, I'm more interested in this "virtuous whore" you mentioned a page or so back.... where might I find her?

p.s. please don't tell my wife

Latest posts

Back