Restaurants can't recover COVID-19 losses through ‘business interruption’ insurance, 2 top state cou

Thanks for the share @adjusterjack ! This statement says it all:

"“We conclude that ‘direct physical loss of or damage to’ property requires some ‘distinct, demonstrable, physical alteration of the property,’” the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court said."

I am a commercial broker here in Ca. To my knowledge, all policies except a handful of Lloyds policies have a mold and virus exclusion. I have, however, referred all clients that have called to the claims department. So far all have been denied.

I mean isn't Force majeure pretty standard?

A lot of restaurants made a killing relying on take out orders etc. Less staff required, reduced operating expenses and government subsidies as well. Some were slow to adopt to new ways of doing business.

A lot of restaurants made a killing relying on take out orders etc. Less staff required, reduced operating expenses and government subsidies as well. Some were slow to adopt to new ways of doing business.

Hmmm. What about all the businesses that went under? What about the spike in suicides largely due to people not being able to work and run their businesses, and the 40% increase in working age adult fatalities that don't seem to be from Covid itself? I expect you'll want to ask "what about this, and what about that" as you tend to, but I'm more interested in your response to those items specifically, Toolbelt.

Last edited:
Fancy wording is my forte .

It makes me come across as extra douchey..

You should see how I yell at clients when I take them to coffee for not using the right spoon to stir in sugar and cream.

I actually don't use a spoon. I put the cream in first and use the pour itself to mix, and think slightly less of those that don't - which is everyone. What does that say about me?

Back