Reverse MORTGAGE

Iam a Health insurance agent looking to buy a reverse mortgage for my grandma. Any suggestions? I have no experience with this.

John

call the local wells fargo person that does this full time. I've worked with the local gal and she has been great resource for me.

I'll have to double check but I believe the fees are regulated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Family Value: Getting More Value From Your Home - WSJ.com

5% in fees however 40% savings. I don't know squat about reverse mortgages but I know that my in-laws used to live stressed out 24/7 and now they're relaxed.

I'm sure it's a "bad deal" financially but that's neither here nor there for seniors where it's their only option.

Last edited:
I don't know much either, but have read accounts of $5-8k of home value being sucked up right off the bat due to fees/expenses, etc. Regulation still does not stop the sellers from trying to make other sales "tied" to this transaction.

Lost a h/W medsupp to medicare advantage. Calld to ask why. "We did one of those reverse mortgages to ease our finances.. we had to take this insurance to do that deal." No matter what I said they were sold on the deal and would listen to reason.

Back