Rolling Office. What Does Your Trunk Look Like?

You need need a lot of room in the trunk.

I have a laptop, laptop printer, briefcase of different apps and things. GPS and a smart phone.

Every year I have seen myself having less and less appoinments outside the office....however I got to a point this year where i discovered, at least for me, it was driving me nuts being in the office so much!! So this year i have intentionally scheduled more clients outside of the office.

Mark, sounds like you have the full arsenal in your truck. Two things I would add to your list, and I am feeling a bit silly that it took me this long to see their value, are a "hotspot" for anywhere internet conectivity and a high-def projector. I bought one of these projectors this year based upon the fact that now that I have several 401k plans I oversee, it became a necessity for enrollment and educational meetings for the rank and file. However I've found that taking it along to clients office's or houses is a perfect way for me to bring my office to them. Instead of try to crouch over a small laptop screen I blast a 55 inch projection of the laptop screen onto their office/home wall....very cool.

The internet "hotspot" is invaluable for pulling up existing policy info on the carriers site and a host of other things that could be made easier by accessing the web......it really cuts down on the items that you need to print off for an appointment too.

I agree GPS are great. I have it built in my car.
My company just came up with a way after you do the life app over the phone you can email they for signatures.
It's nice for clients that have previous bought life no need to see them at there house anymore.

As any good agent, I keep a clean shirt in the trunk, along with my golf clubs, socks and shoes. Also a towel to clean the clubs during the round.

Rick

As any good agent, I keep a clean shirt in the trunk, along with my golf clubs, socks and shoes. Also a towel to clean the clubs during the round.

Rick

I must be one of the very few agents that has never play a golf game. I dont think I can even hit the ball, much less try and make it go somewhere.

Back