Rules on creating flyers

MustangGT2000

Greetings,

I am going old school here. I am selling supplemental insurance to small businesses and its going pretty well. I am hitting the streets each week. I would like to create flyers to drop off at businesses to have a larger reach. I know meeting the business owners in person and setting up an appointment is key. However, I want to drive down a few business streets and quickly stop leaving the flyers behind and see the production. I am sure nobody will call me. :jiggy:

I know rules very in each state. I am in California. Any tips on great web sites breaking down the rules related to advertising besides going to the complex California insurance gov site? :biggrin:

Jerry

1. You must list your CA Insurance license #.
2. Don't quote any company names, specific product names/specs, rates, or policy performance promises unless you have an expiration date, policy form #'s, and compliance review by the company itself.

Keep it all very generic and you should be fine.

David has answered your question with the info you need. However, I would like to add that even if you don't get any call backs, it will get your name in front of people and they will "know" you the next time you call. I knew an agent in the voluntary benefit business that never tried to have a real discussion on his first call. He would simply stop by, asking for 2 minutes of the decision maker's time.. He would had them a brochure and a card, telling them, "I am between appointments but I wanted to leave you this information explaining what I can do for your company. I know you are also busy so I will go now and will call back to make an appointment so we can discuss it in greater detail" With that, he made his exit. Even if they asked for more info at that time, he would tell them that he didn't have time to go into detail because he had another appointment. Must have worked for him as he was always one of his company's leaders every year.

Back