rx coverage for one month for dual eligible not enrolled in pdp?

I get referrals from a local mom and pop pharmacy and they could not fill her drugs because she T65 and started medicare in july but problem is because she lacked 40 quarters she was enrolled in part B only which is strange.No part A-No PDP
From Medicare's website:

Medicare drug plans. These plans add drug coverage to Original Medicare, some Medicare Cost Plans, some Private Fee‑for‑Service plans, and Medical Savings Account plans. You must have
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
and/or
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
to join a separate Medicare drug plan.

I have a full medicaid prospect T65 starting part B 7/1/24 but was not enrolled in part A automatically because does not have the 40 quarters .She applied for part A yesterday at local SS office but she is concerned about rx cost for the month of july.I know in the past that full dual/lis who were not enrolled in part d were able to get drugs covered but i can't remember if it was a state program or federal program that paid or but this case may be different since she doesn't have LIS yet because of no part A to qualify for PDP.any suggestions?
What did she have for health insurance before July 1st? Was that plan termed

From Medicare's website:

Medicare drug plans. These plans add drug coverage to Original Medicare, some Medicare Cost Plans, some Private Fee‑for‑Service plans, and Medical Savings Account plans. You must have
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance)
and/or
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance)
to join a separate Medicare drug plan.

yeah i was wrong about that-i already edited my post

What did she have for health insurance before July 1st? Was that plan termed
Florida full medicaid through UHC MMA.Client has been using same pharmacy for a long time and when she started medicare part B this month the pharmacy couldn't fill her prescriptions.I work with this pharmacy and already confirmed this with pharmacy and also confirmed through other sources that she is not enrolled in part D

Yes she can get a 30 day temporary RX from Humana whom administers most of them. From what I’ve seen, the pharmacy helps them apply for it. Why don’t you go to Humana website and search for temp Rx for duel eligible. The social security office will backdate her A but she needs A to join so if it’s not showing up yet, Humana won’t give her a temp drug card for the month of July. I do believe her local retail pharmacy will no what to do. Hopefully she goes to a big pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens
This is the LINET program for anyone wondering. Humana is still the CMS contractor for it. If client hasn't been assigned to PDP starting 7/1, LINET should be able to retro to 7/1.

This is the LINET program for anyone wondering. Humana is still the CMS contractor for it. If client hasn't been assigned to PDP starting 7/1, LINET should be able to retro to 7/1.
Thank you that is exactly what i was looking for.This time i am going to put LINET somewhere i can find it for next time i need it.lol

Back