SalesForce.com

joshril

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone using SalesForce.com as their CRM?

I just signed up for a trial with them and it seems much better than ACT. Feedback on CRM's you all are using?

10088402D~LIFE-Sugar-Ray-Fighting-Carmen-Basilio-in-World-Middleweight-Boxing-Match-1958-Posters.jpg

Actually, we don't talk much about salesforce, not sure why.
In my opinion, after spending way to much time evaluating various crm systems....

Salesforce rates a 7 out of 10. The value to the average insurance agent is in the personal edition (the free version, not the paid version). It gives you most of what you need as long as you are not looking for sales automation. If so, you have to go to their enterprise edition for the workflow stuff, and it is very, very, very cumbersome, and you'll quickly like ACT better.

Dan

Nice input.. The only benefit I see over ACT is the fact that it's web-based. When I travel it could make sense. But, I agree.. it may be more complex than what I need.

Salesforce is a huge commercial CRM system although I'm told that SugarCRM - Commercial Open Source CRM boasts more actual users. And why not? I'll bet 80% of users (like me) use it for free.

I believe that SF has some modules specifically designed for an insurance agency but I've not used the system so I don't know for sure.

I've heard a lot of good things and I've personally tried the new AgencyPro web system from Word & Brown. However I find that W&B's technology (not including AP) to be about 4 years behind that of the average refrigerator so I wonder how well they will be able to scale this system. It is written in Microsoft's ASP... which is a dog when it comes to internet use (is great for a corporate intTRAnet.) W&B makes a lot of claims about great service, but my experience has been that it's all blue smoke and mirrors in No. CA. Perhaps they are better in their home-base of So. CA. AP is free if you put a certain level of biz through the W&B GA.

Obviously I think you can see that the trend is moving toward web-based systems. Yes, they are are a PITA to install if you plan to run it on your own web site (as I do)... but once you "get it" it runs forever without a problem... and you can get your data anywhere in the world... even on your iPhone. (I love my iPhone!)

That does not mean that there isn't room in the market for desktop systems like ACT and YIO. As many of you know, I don't care for either one (especially YIO)... but part of that is because I like (and have had great success with) web based systems... which YIO isn't.

I also like the FREE CRM contact and lead management, sales tracking, customer service, sales pipeline and forecasting, document repository and more system. I used it for a while before I installed SugarCRM on my web server. It's quite good... for a small agency.

As I've said before, the only right system is the one that works for YOU. SugarCRM works great for me. I don't think I could live without it anymore. It beats hell out of ANY desktop system I've tried... including the one I wrote myself. But that's ME. YOU might HATE it! So go to:
Small Business CRM Resource Centre - Your Free Guide To CRM Help
and find what YOU like and give it a try.

OK, Frank and Rick... hit me with your best shot :twitchy:

Al

Last edited by a moderator:
Back