scan documents with auto document .....

I just bought an HP all in one printer that has a flatbed scanner and ADF (auto document feeder) and this one scans both sides of the document. It's a great business inkjet and only $299 minus a $150 rebate at Staples right now. Works great.

How is your ink cost and how often are you changing out ink.

I have a smaller HP printer just for my printing needs. Seems I am always running out of ink and the damn thing is always telling me I am about to run out of ink, even though I will get another 25 to 30 printings before it actually runs out. Irritating to say the least.

I have a smaller HP printer just for my printing needs. Seems I am always running out of ink and the damn thing is always telling me I am about to run out of ink, even though I will get another 25 to 30 printings before it actually runs out. Irritating to say the least.

25-30 printings - Okay, I'm out within a half hour at that point. Better get some ink quickly. I guess its all about print volume.

Let me put it in perspective, I average 2 apps a day (P&C), each app is at least 10 printed pages. I also do payments during the day, printing and sending receipts. I send out proposals (up to 20 pages) and quotes (3 pages) at least 10 times a day. Once a week, I send out a 250 piece mailing (500 pages). Add in all of the misc prints I do, it's a lot of paper, and a lot of ink.

To keep my ink cost under control somewhat, I recommend looking at refilling with someplace like Cartridge World. They bring the ink to my office within an hour, and it saves me money.

Dan

I have a huge Dell Color Laser Printer that I do most of my printing with. I print a lot and go almost a year before I have to replace the toners.

I bought this HP mainly for the scanning but also for inkjet printing when needed. The speal on this printer says it will print full color sharper and cheaper than colors lasers do. The sharpness I agree with. I don't know about cheaper because I haven't run out of ink yet.

I bought a Canon MP830, really like for scanning but the cost of the ink for printing is ridiculous. It runs out quickly. So to save I bought a Samsung monochrome laser ML-2510, paid $90 at Frys, got a $30 rebate and it prints a lot of documents before I need to replace the cartridge which I can do for $50 compare to $80 for all the cartridges on my Canon. Canon has figured out something on their chips so you can't refill the cartridges yourself. Tried several times and it will not recognize the refilled cartridge. Cartridge World told me they are getting a fix worked out for that.

Is there an easier to use program than Adobe Pro for changing pdf files?

Is there an easier to use program than Adobe Pro for changing pdf files?

I use PDFPen on the Mac. I'm sure there is something on the PC side.

Being able to fill out static PDF forms is huge for me. I'm always being faxed a form by one of the Blues saying "Have your client fill this out and fax back." I can fill out most of it and send the PDF to her for her review, signature and SSN or whatever and it saves a lot of time.

More importantly, when I create group quotes (often 40 or 50 pages) using the Rogers or LISI quote engine I can personalize and annotate them with "balloons" and comments and boxes, and highlights. Everyone has at least one "can't do without" program and PDFpen is one of mine.

So look for something like this on the PC/Windows side and you may find find it a great productivity enhancer.

Al

How can you survive using inkjet printers with the cost of ink? Jump up to a professional machine and you will not only save money you will save your sanity. Canon and I'm sure most other major brands offer very affordable lease arrangements. Once you grow beyond inkjets you just have to jump off and move up. Many companies are sending policies by pdf so we have to print and deliver, at our expense so inkjet won't cut it for long.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Try efile, online document storage, you can go paperless safely.

Last edited:
How can you survive using inkjet printers with the cost of ink? Jump up to a professional machine and you will not only save money you will save your sanity. Canon and I'm sure most other major brands offer very affordable lease arrangements. Once you grow beyond inkjets you just have to jump off and move up. Many companies are sending policies by pdf so we have to print and deliver, at our expense so inkjet won't cut it for long.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Try efile, online document storage, you can go paperless safely.

Lowest Cost Color Printer Based on Ink/laser Cartridge

The Lexmark 9000 series has done well for me. They claim it to be the lowest cost for black ink

Back