Screwy Humana Chronic Illness Plan Situation

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
We are NOW in August. Enrolled this man for 5-1-14 into chronic plan for diabetics. He received a letter from Humana stating that he would be cancelled 6-30-14. When he called me this past Wednesday, He was concerned about all his letters. Between appointments, I did conference call with upline and HumanA enrollment dept. They confirm that he's ACTIVE since 5-1-14 and that I was the AOR. Now, he says that Humana Guidsnce Center rep told him he wasn't active and enrolled him into Chronic Plan. Medicare.gov shows him with Original Medicare and a PDP to start 9-1-14!!!. He also says that he filled his rx at the pharmacy with his Humana card 2 days ago. I told him that Humanas computer systems are screwy and that we'd get to the bottom of it in Monday morn. Anybody else ever experience this?
"All my life I' I HAD to fight, I had to fight the office managers, other insurance agents, needy customers. An insurance agent ain't safe even in his own house." Sofia from The Color Purple

Does he receive extra help for Part D? CMS probably assigned him to the PDP for that 9/1 start. That would mean the Humana is terminated. 6/30 would have been the deadline for him to have submitted proof of his diabetes to stay on the plan.

Back