Searching for healthcare in Georgia

Valetic

Expert
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I’m looking for some healthcare for my wife and I in Georgia. Preferably something with dental, vision, and prescription. I don’t really know where to start because I’ve only ever used company benefits, and I am now lapsed on coverage as I don’t have a job that gives me those benefits. Any tips how I can get this started or who or where I can get something trustworthy and fairly priced?

I bought some with Aspen from a broker for 270 a month, me and my wife with the vision dental prescription bundled, I'm 27, shes 26, both healthy on the questionnaire, $1000 deductible. I can still cancel. Anyone able to say if this is a good deal for me?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, I’m looking for some healthcare for my wife and I in Georgia. Preferably something with dental, vision, and prescription. I don’t really know where to start because I’ve only ever used company benefits, and I am now lapsed on coverage as I don’t have a job that gives me those benefits. Any tips how I can get this started or who or where I can get something trustworthy and fairly priced?

Did you have recent medical coverage?

I bought some with Aspen from a broker for 270 a month, me and my wife with the vision dental prescription bundled, I'm 27, shes 26, both healthy on the questionnaire, $1000 deductible. I can still cancel. Anyone able to say if this is a good deal for me?

It's either a Short Term Medical (STM) or Indemnity plan, did the broker explain all of the exclusions and limitations before enrolling you?

If you're the primary breadwinner and you expect your income for next year to drop significantly.. Then go to Healthcare.gov and enter your zip code, income, etc and see what kind of Premium Subsidy you will qualify for.

If you're the primary breadwinner and you expect your income for next year to drop significantly.. Then go to Healthcare.gov and enter your zip code, income, etc and see what kind of Premium Subsidy you will qualify for.

and if you expect income to increase and you don't get a subsidy, What other choices do you suggest When real coverage is needed?

and if you expect income to increase and you don't get a subsidy, What other choices do you suggest When real coverage is needed?

No subsidy and real coverage. Hmm..

I'd either go one of two routes depending on whether they have pre-existing conditions.

For an applicant without pre-existing conditions:
STM with United Healthcare's Golden Rule

An applicant with a chronic coandition is typically much better served on a plan with more patient protections AKA ACA otherwise known as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Those two I would consider baseline coverages to build upon.

My favorite dental is a DHMO with no max annual benefit, no waiting periods, and no claims to file.

Back