Seeking Guidance Independent PA

kimfin

I am hoping i can find some mentors here as i am looking tob go out on my own. I have read some really helpful information. Thank you. I am currently a LSP and been with Allstate. I would like to go independent. I have a office i can use, my E&O, EIN, and back account in agency name. Need help with appointments. Im ready to write business with no where to go. I am hoping i can get some guidance from Someone who was in my shoes before. Thank you

I am hoping i can find some mentors here as i am looking tob go out on my own. I have read some really helpful information. Thank you. I am currently a LSP and been with Allstate. I would like to go independent. I have a office i can use, my E&O, EIN, and back account in agency name. Need help with appointments. Im ready to write business with no where to go. I am hoping i can get some guidance from Someone who was in my shoes before. Thank you

Where in PA?

I am in Philly.

A cluster may be a good option. Check the forum for names like Smart Choice and SIAA.

Also Nationwide and Erie are both are both semi-captive options however much better then Allstate. Both also write commercial very well.

You won't survive with just the substandard's in PA.

Where in PA?

I am in Philly.

A cluster may be a good option. Check the forum for names like Smart Choice and SIAA.

Also Nationwide and Erie are both are both semi-captive options however much better then Allstate. Both also write commercial very well.

You won't survive with just the substandard's in PA.

Maybe we can exchange contact info. My number is 267-776-3668

I'm in Bristol area

Read through my posts. I'm in your neck of the woods...left Allstate as an LSP & started my own independent agency. Best move of my life. You won't have the commercial background from Allstate to leverage an Erie appointment for what it's worth. If you're focusing on personal lines you NEED a bunch of good carriers. With Erie's setup you won't be able to feed them enough & feed other carriers if you get them.

SIAA wouldn't take you without documentation showing sales, loss ratio's & 3 years experience. You may want to look into other aggregators.

The NUMBER ONE thing will be your ability to get people to quote. With enough carriers the rest will take care of itself.

To buck the opinions on Erie contracting... talk to an Erie Agent. One may be willing to let you be a producer and set up and arrangement to buy them out after. You can work that up similar to how a cluster would do so. Erie is very difficult to get on with, however, not a doubt in my mind that they are one of the best to rep for. I've not drank any kool aid, just did a lot of research. It's an idea worth checking into at least.

You may want to get in contact with Dan Williams he owns an independent agency out of Bedford PA, with that said his main carrier is Erie.

He seems to have a thriving business and knows what the hell hes doing.

I found him off this forum and have spoken to him a few times including one of his staff members.

his web site is williams-agency.net

His user name one the site is 1manshow

Best of luck

Back