Selling Life and Health on-line.

Teamcorp is a guaranteed issue plan. It's niche is to give "some" coverage for COMPLETELY uninsurable prospects. A lot of agents would leave this on the table before writing it. I recommend going as earned on this if you do it, as the expectations of the uninsurable equals that of the insurable.

Guaranteed issue is misleading, it's actually guaranteed acceptance, not to be confused with a guaranteed issue major med.

This has got to be the silliest thread on here. Health insurance went online so long ago, I can't even remember and life followed about 6 years go with certain companies. This has got to be some sort of joke.

What you have to remember is that there are a lot of folks out there who are new and have no idea.

I quit selling Life about 15 years ago. Just a few months ago while reading the threads, I realized that Health was being sold online. Completely flipped my mind. I was actually thinking things were still belly to belly.

When I asked this question I was very "green" and I still am about selling on-line but I do have a little more info so let me re-direct this question. I am in the process of getting appointed with Human, Aetna, GR, Assurant, World, and several others. Are there any Health Insurance companies that will not let you sell their product via phone or internet?

Again, I am very green on this new wave of selling so don't bust my chops too bad. Thanks.

When I asked this question I was very "green" and I still am about selling on-line but I do have a little more info so let me re-direct this question. I am in the process of getting appointed with Human, Aetna, GR, Assurant, World, and several others. Are there any Health Insurance companies that will not let you sell their product via phone or internet?

Again, I am very green on this new wave of selling so don't bust my chops too bad. Thanks.

All of the companies that you mentioned have online systems for taking the application. However - Humana, Assurant and GR have the best and easiest to navigate for the client. Aetna has an online system, but I never use it do to client complaints. You can still basically do everything online - email the app to the client and have them fax or email back to you. Aetna accepts faxed apps.

Some people on here will be quick to put their 1/2 cents in and tell you its easy to use Aetna online, but I just thought I'd give you a word of warning. I do 5-6 apps per week online, but with Aetna, always fax. I got my 3rd Aetna fax today. Humana is often difficult for older clients as well, but their CS is great and they will actually call the client for you and guide them through the process, so it doesn't look like you're picking on them. I had a lady recently call me three times on a Humana app to tell me it was complete, when it wasn't and H1 called her, and got it done. You're gonna have alot of fun, but don't be deceived about the online apps. They are not for everybody.

Like mentioned before Team Corp is a Guaranteed Acceptance program. I would take as earned commissions though. The problem with these kind of plans is that when a person goes to use their plan and they don't have a clear understanding of their coverage they call you up with all of their problems. When I sell them I always make sure that I explain in great detail the benefits that they're receiving. As for selling online. If the person is computer literate than walk them through the process. I know that some sharing software actually allows the person to give you remote access to their computer and you can help them through the process.

Like mentioned before Team Corp is a Guaranteed Acceptance program. I would take as earned commissions though. The problem with these kind of plans is that when a person goes to use their plan and they don't have a clear understanding of their coverage they call you up with all of their problems. When I sell them I always make sure that I explain in great detail the benefits that they're receiving. As for selling online. If the person is computer literate than walk them through the process. I know that some sharing software actually allows the person to give you remote access to their computer and you can help them through the process.

Good heads up there, I've spoken to several agents who sold like gangbusters and found out the retention wasn't as good as they had hoped, but you never know how they were selling it.

Back