Seminars For Less.com - good seminar mailer for retirement?

More dates on a mailer would tend to get a better response since folks would be more likely to find a date that fits their schedule.

However, if you want to fill seats on those dates, you would have to also do a larger mailer and you would have the added expense of extra meals.

More importantly, can a large attendance be handled? One of the worst mistakes I have made was to get too good a response. I had to bring other people in to help handle the sales and that became a huge headache when some residual and cross-selling was dropped off my radar by a rather sneaky agent.

Just some thoughts to consider. If I did things with that many dates, I think I would do the same quantity of mailing but stress that the seminars are "kept small" to better educate or to be able to answer questions. Something along those lines.

Nothing wrong with doing 10-20 person seminars. I find personally, though, that I have trouble being "hot" unless I have a larger crowd.

Who are you working with at RME, out of curiousity?

Maybe not 50%, but I got about 40% in the first week, then it started slowing down. I don't know how many more people will sign up in the next 2.5 weeks remaining until the first seminar, but I hope it will be many more :D

I was just impressed overall by the quality of the mailer itself and of RME's service. Lovin' it.

Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but Biggity, how did the seminar end up going and are you still doing them? I am at a similar point and have been looking into seminars for the past few months.

BiggySwat, whos your broker dealer ? I am sure you can grab some wholesalers to help you with the overhead cost of running a seminar, if you give some biz here and there.

Patch, my goals are getting 25-30 people to come to each of my seminars, which will be held twice a month (for now). By sending out 5000 pieces with SeminarsForLess, my goal is a 1% return, which comes to 50 prospects that show up. I'm also using my own custom designed mailer and not their premade dinner invites due to my choice of venue.

My budget is roughly $500 per 1000 pieces, since we're only sending postcards and not letters.

The main issue is effectiveness. While I can't offer a "FREE GOURMET DINNER" because I'm presenting at a financial institution and not a steakhouse, I still am offering hors d'oeuvres and complimentary VIP valet parking.

I am hoping that not doing the seminar at a fancy place is not going to hurt my returns too much. Heck, I AM feeding the crowd....but they should be coming to listen to me talk about their retirement as well :D

I've done public speaking before and have always been able to make a crowd smile, if not roar with laughter. I guess I can put "Free Entertainment" on the mailer? :D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
and this is fun !! NOT ! Where you able to get your presentation approved?
Thanks for all the responses. I ended up taking Patch36's mentioning and called RME to help me with my seminar. So far they have been roughly twice the cost of their closest competitor (SeminarsForLess) but the excellent mailer quality and one-on-one customer service has been outstanding. I'm very happy with this company and within the past week have filled about 50% of my seminar seats already.

Now, I have to worry about getting my presentation through broker-dealer compliance. :1baffled:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but Biggity, how did the seminar end up going and are you still doing them? I am at a similar point and have been looking into seminars for the past few months.

Tampacochran, are you here in Tampa, if so PM maybe we can co=op on some seminars together. Split the cost and split the leads ?:idea:

Last edited:
Back