Senior Life Live Transfers SLOW or Insurance Sales Season Slow

prestigeworldwide

Hello, so currently with Senior Life Insurance Company and they have this app called leads the way where you get leads sent to your phone.

Senior Life sells Whole Life Insurance polices and with having around 20 states there have only been 17 calls that came in today....

Why is it so slow with getting calls lately? It seemed that within the last 2 weeks it went from 30-40 calls a day with less states I had that now with more states there are even less calls.

Someone said because of the political election but how does that effect leads....doesn't make any sense and more or less an excuse.

Never seen it this slow recently...somethings up and not making sense..

Any other places I can get LTs from ? SmartFinancial are there LTs GOOD quality?

Not bottom of the barrel broke people who can't afford $50 a month....like seriously...

Hello, so currently with Senior Life Insurance Company and they have this app called leads the way where you get leads sent to your phone.

Senior Life sells Whole Life Insurance polices and with having around 20 states there have only been 17 calls that came in today....

Why is it so slow with getting calls lately? It seemed that within the last 2 weeks it went from 30-40 calls a day with less states I had that now with more states there are even less calls.

Someone said because of the political election but how does that effect leads....doesn't make any sense and more or less an excuse.

Any other places I can get LTs from ? SmartFinancial are there LTs GOOD quality?

Not bottom of the barrel broke people who can't afford $50 a month....like seriously...
Maybe their outbound call center for the “inbound” lead generator got busted and they have to lay low for a while. It happens.

This is why my telesales division doesn't do inbound leads.

Too much is at the mercy of things out of the agent's control.

Instead, focus on outbound leads. It's relatively easy to get plenty of leads to dial to keep you busy, and you're in full control of how much activity you put in.

can u explain? they use liveops call center the operator said it's from a TV ad.
I don’t know anything specific to your company. But very often call-in leads are actually call centers in foreign countries calling everyone multiple times a day regardless of the Do Not Call list. When they generate a lead they transfer it to the American call center as a “call in” lead.
They are highly illegal and get busted but then always reform under a different name and keep going. All you notice as the agent are disrupted lead flows at times and then they get back going a month or two later.

I don’t know anything specific to your company. But very often call-in leads are actually call centers in foreign countries calling everyone multiple times a day regardless of the Do Not Call list. When they generate a lead they transfer it to the American call center as a “call in” lead.
They are highly illegal and get busted but then always reform under a different name and keep going. All you notice as the agent are disrupted lead flows at times and then they get back going a month or two later.
They have TV ads and people all in to liveops and saw they saw the commercial is what people have said when i got on the phone.

I've been with SL for many years. The TV live transfers have slowed down because its election season. This happens every 4 years. Why? It's because every TV advertiser bids on air time, and when a slot becomes available for a TV commercial to run that slot goes to the highest bidder.

The politicians, with their war chests, out bid everyone, including McDonalds. That's why we see so many political ads on TV, more than any other TV advertiser. Thank goodness this is only a temporary condition every 4 years.

Sr Life, Lincoln Heritage, and Colonial Penn are the only FE carriers running TV commercials that I know of. I'm sure their commercials are running slower too due to the political season.

There are other inbound lead sources, but like Newby said, they are illegal and being generated by overseas call centers calling DNC numbers. If you get busted you are the one who will be fined. The overseas call center will not be busted because they are in a foreign land and are not bound by US TCPA rules.

Sr Life also recently started live transfers with FB. Similiar to a TV transfer in that when someone cicks the ad they can, at their option, be connected to a live agent, just like the TV transfers are. That is a red hot lead that wants to talk to a licensed agent about burial expenses. The live FB transfers are $3 more than the outbound FB leads.

Here's some simple math:
FB live transfers are $30, TV live transfers are $55. That makes FE FB transfers 54.5% of the cost of TV live transfers. This means if your FB live transfers closing % is 54.5% of what your live TV transfers closing % is then you'll make the same profit.

Your manager can also generate TM leads from a call center in South Ga, complete with the southrn accent. These woud be leads you would have to call back, they're not live transferred. These leads are 24-36 hours old when you call them back and the good news is that since they picked up the phone for the South Ga operator they are probably more likely to pick up the phone when an agent calls. These leads are TCPA compliant. And they're only $20 each and work pretty good for new telesales agents and field agents who are low on funds when they first start, or maybe they're nervous about paying $55 for TV live transfers. Most agents have never experienced paying $55 for each lead.

You can buy lists, recycled leads, etc to make outbound calls to. But you want to make sure they're TCPA compliant. I don't know of any way you can verify if those leads are TCPA compliant. And with the new rules coming up this source of leads may disappear. And besides all that it's difficult to get people to pick up the phone. Who wants to dial and dial and when you finally do make contact they say "we already took care of that", etc.

I trust that SL's TM leads are compliant because SL is located in the US and coud be fined, and they certainly don't want to be paying fines for making illegal calls to generate the TM leads, and certainly not having their agents experiencing that happening. If a couple of agents experienced that then agents would lose confidence in the TM leads and no one would be working them. That's 2 good reasons that SL's TM leads woud be compliant.

Even with TV leads being temporarily slower, you can still usually get in more conversations/presentations than the field agents. Your waiting time between live transfers presentations is like a field agent's waiting time between face to face presentations because they have to drive to their next presentation. The good news is that TV leads pay higher premiums than the usual DM leads that most FE field agents work and they all have bank accounts.

You could even work in the field for awhile. For me field sales is more fun because I don't like to be sitting at a desk all day.

Feel free to contact me if I can help you, or anyone else.

Last edited:
I don't know if theinsuranceman explanation for the election attributing to the slow down in LT is verifiable. He is repeating what was told to him. However, it sounds logical. Take it for what it's worth. Although historically he has been known to embellish the truth, everything else he said about their leads is pretty accurate and verifiable.

Those LTs come directly from individuals who are calling the telephone number they see on the commercial, in live time. Instant appointment, if the two parties are connected. You verified this source of lead was legit, based on the conversations you had when you were receiving 30 calls/day.

SL is so thirsty to surpass LH as the #1 FE company in the industry, they cannot afford to slip. One can surmise that they generate enough lead volume from national TV commercials, FB, and other sources that they would not gain a significant advantage by generating leads illegally.

As theinsuranceman also mentioned, SL has several other sources of leads. None of them are anywhere close to verifying than LTs. For example, I had someone call me from SL just 2 weeks ago. The agent said he was in my area and his Home Office asked him to follow up with me concerning an interest I had in life insurance. Obviously, I was not an inbound LT. In addition, I never called SL inquiring about their product. I never mailed in a lead card. No one ever called me asking if I would be interested in insurance. I never filled out a FB ad. So, if I'm not a LT, Tele-marketed, Internet, FB nor DM lead, how did they get my info as a lead? Your guess is as good as mine.

Based on Gregs post, SL's new FB live transfers sounds interesting. However, we cannot rely on his perspective because he has a business to run. He's never going to tell us the negative side of SL. Considering you have already decided to be a SL agent, why not try a variety of different leads offered by them, and them only?

Assuming you don't have agents underneath you, where you may experience the pressure to embellish the truth, you are in the best position and best person to report on the effectiveness of their leads. The rest of us are on the outside looking in, speculating.

Back