Simplified or Guaranteed Issue TERM LIFE for Low Face Amounts

Is there a carrier out there who doesn't do an MIB check or phone interview or just phone interview for this Simplified Issue term that an independent agent can offer (not AARP or Globe)?

I'm just looking for an app with some questions on it or possible phone interview as well as long as they don't ask about the latest A1C levels which were two years ago and at that time they were 9.9

Last edited:
Is there a carrier out there who doesn't do an MIB check or phone interview or just phone interview for this Simplified Issue term that an independent agent can offer (not AARP or Globe)?

I'm just looking for an app with some questions on it or possible phone interview as well as long as they don't ask about the latest A1C levels which were two years ago and at that time they were 9.9

I wanted to bump this. I bumped into the husband tonight and he thinks his A1C levels were never 9.9 He thinks maybe 6.6 but 9.9 no. He has an a prescription to get blood work done but in the meantime his wife is taking out a Guardian policy at work.

Are these Guardian policies at the workplace usually 10 or 20 years or does the client pick? Also what if his AC1 count really is 9.9? Will Guardian take him through his work?

His wife says she won't have to pay a premium till next quarter or something with the Guardian policy. This doesn't sound right either. Never heard of a company fronting you 3 months of life insurance. They want 115.00 per month or 345.00 per quarter for 100k (not sure if that is 10 or 20). I can get her the same coverage for about half that.

The only thing holding up the deal is his darn blood test because I'm not going to have him submit an app and get denied. He'd have a hard time getting life insurance if that happened wouldn't he?

A decline isn't the end of the world when it comes to fully underwritten. The company will want to know why the decline and it may draw their attention to something that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. Also, depending on the nature of the health concern that caused the decline, they may want to see improvement.

So in short, a decline just makes you have to work harder in placing it with the next carrier.

A decline isn't the end of the world when it comes to fully underwritten. The company will want to know why the decline and it may draw their attention to something that might otherwise have gone unnoticed. Also, depending on the nature of the health concern that caused the decline, they may want to see improvement.

So in short, a decline just makes you have to work harder in placing it with the next carrier.

Cool. I'm gonna call her in the morning and schedule an appointment to fill out an app. We will find out what his A1C level is one way or the other.

Because Guardian is at his work, does he automatically qualify for it even if his A1C count is 9.9? I'm guessing they aren't going to do a blood test but WILL pull a MIB?

Declines happen. I am working several now. One I knew we had some issues going in so I expected the work. He has convertible term so that is an option. Another is multiple errors in his APS so now probably going SIWL. Another, the "healthy" client forgot that he was a drunk and his liver test were to > and the APS has some records of it. Not sure where we are going with this one yet. Total of about $6,000 to $7,000 in premium.

All the same week we have some major phone issues. :arghh:

I think SIWL and SITerm are my new market.

Last edited:
COOL but still nobody has answered how Guardian works at people's place of employment. Will they issue him a policy or rate him? He has high blood pressure (controlled), diabetes and who the hell knows what the current AC1 level is or was.

His last doctor fired him and his new doctor has given him a script to get a blood test. He's been putting it on the fence because he has no health insurance.

His last doctor fired him and his new doctor has given him a script to get a blood test.

Since the last Dr fired him, my guess is A1C must be more like 9.9... Although could have fired him due to non-pymt too from the sound of the next comment.

He's been putting it on the fence because he has no health insurance.

Holy smackdown Batman, NO health ins for someone with uncontrolled diabetes... Truthfully they should be solving that issue rather than worrying about life ins... but people do some strange things. If she has grp life ins at work, she surely has grp health ins too, and could add him onto that plan. Wonders never cease to amaze.

And on the u/w for grp life, chances are a small amount is immed issue with few health questions; SIGTL. If they want more than the minimum there will be further u/w. No specific knowledge about Guardian Grp products though, but in general these products are easy issue and not priced the best for someone healthy, but priced very well for someone like him.

Last edited:
Since the last Dr fired him, my guess is A1C must be more like 9.9... Although could have fired him due to non-pymt too from the sound of the next comment.

The previous Dr. fired him because he was in and out of the state and couldn't get his doctor's schedule to align with the times he was in the state he resides in (traveling sales rep).

He had insurance while he had the job of sales rep. Good insurance. Just couldn't make it in to see the doc.

As for acquiring health insurance, he's on track to get it through his new job in two months. In the meantime an agent buddy (where I got this lead) is trying to get them health insurance but the Mrs. has worse health problems, a lot worse, so it is difficult. They could not afford COBRA when he lost his sales rep job.

It's anybody's guess what the A1C level is but you assumed wrong on all that other stuff.

I don't know about that. It's still available here in Ky. I did one last week. I ran the illustration and printed it off stright from the Foresters website and then printed off an application since I didn't have a supply of them.

I've written 3 of the AmAm Easy Term policies this year and 2 Foresters Strong Foundation term policies. It's such a small part of my business that I don't stock supplies for them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beacuse the guarantees are not there with UL. Even with GUL the guarantees go out the window if a payment or two is missed. FE buyers do miss payments.

And, $50,000 face is not for FE anyway. For one to survive and thrive in the FE market you must understand the FE market.

It is not for term or UL. Personally, I will not write a term or an UL for FE. I would send that prospect elsewhere if they insisted that's what they wanted.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Are you in Pa? I went to the Foresters site this morning and it let me illustrate a Foresters term for Pa. It must be available there.

Sorry, I just noticed your flag is Mi. I also was able to illustrate for Mi. Their software won't let it illustrate a state where it's not available.

I just went on Forester's website and too only saw the Lifefirst plan available for Term. They have non-med but it's only to age 65 and minimum of $50k. They have 20 and 30 year

Back