SOA

Linda Mosley

I am new in the field. I have question about SOA. How do you complete an SOA when you offer plans from various carriers? Suppose the prospect does not know what they want and want to discuss plans. Each carrier has their own SOA procedure. How is this handled before meeting with prospect ? You may have to show plan options from 2-3 plans before their is a good fit.

Have a scope signed and if they want to see another company, have another scope signed there. Done.

Common sense is out the window with govt programs. A scope of appt needed to talk about a different product is laughable. Follow the red tape long enough and u will stick wiyh real insurance products like

Life Dental Annuities Med Supps

My advice if u are new is dont put too many apples in MAPD book of business. These are govt programs that can be dropped at any time in a county and all ur commissions gone. Plus if u ever want to retire ur commissions are NOT renewed each year until u complete AHIP traing and product training for each company.

GL

I am new in the field. I have question about SOA. How do you complete an SOA when you offer plans from various carriers? Suppose the prospect does not know what they want and want to discuss plans. Each carrier has their own SOA procedure. How is this handled before meeting with prospect ? You may have to show plan options from 2-3 plans before their is a good fit.

Use a generic scope rather than a company specific. CMS requires companies to accept this. Makes life much easier.

Rick

Back