Spam Generated Leads

padthaiforlunch

Guru
1000 Post Club
Today I received a spam e-mail offering health quotes. SUpposedly, I opted in through an affiliate. I did a whois search and got ahold of Jason McCaffery of Directweb Advertsing in Florida.

He says he sells health leads.

After thinking about it, the kind of person who responds to unsolicited e-mail might be an easy sale.

For those of you who are interested...

This is the link from the e-mail: Quick Health Quotes

His info:
DIRECT WEB ADVERTISING, INC.
McCaffery, Jason [email protected]
Direct Web Advertising
7484 Rockbridge Circle
Lake Worth, Florida 33467
United States
(561) 212-1329

Maybe . . . guess it depends on the incentive.

UCE will generate a certain number of click throughs, depending on the offer and the timing. Just because someone clicks doesn't mean they are a qualified candidate.

Personally, I equate those who respond to spam in the same vein as those who buy insurance from signs on telephone poles.

But I could be wrong . . .

Of course looking at the ad makes me wonder what kind of plan you can get for $38 per month . . . and what kind of buyer is looking for that kind of plan?

Humana does have rates that low for their Monogram plan and I have sold some (although at a slightly higher premium than $38). It is a good plan but not for everyone. Most buyers are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the high deductible approach.

Wouldn't Spam equate to Junk Mail? I don't see the difference, if I can send someone a letter why not email, unsolicited of course. Just curious, don't see the difference.

Often people open SPAM on accident, or a SPAM email just happens to reach the end user at the perfect time of need. I tried the unsolicited email approach before for health insurance quotes and it wasn't half bad. I would say 20% scrub rate off the bat, but they were cheap, and I did get quite a few good sales out of it.

Back